Aero Glass ThemeAtlas

Noel, these clearly contradict Apple's human interface guidelines for the height of buttons to be at least as tall as a thumb. What kind of monster would design such an interface? You must have no regard for humanity, usability, or thumbs.

If you don't like it. Then don't use it and complain about it. Anything is better then Windows 10 default theme

First thing's first:

Win10 TP Build 10041 is out. Atlas:

USMe1Hm.png

I'm super new to this, but I'm utterly desperate to get my old Win8.1 theme working in Win10. I've been chipping away and attempting texture swaps in the Atlas and every time I just get really poor results. I'm not sure what to do at all.

These are what I'm aiming for, eventually. I don't remember which theme this was... I think it might have been Win8CP or RP? One of those two. Whatever it was, it had thick borders, really soft shading, and lovely gradients on the titlebar buttons.

pXTbhuK.png

pvcRRFD.png

TSjxfy9.png

I don't know if this theme's already been adapted, which would be ideal, or if someone at least has a guide for editing the Atlas that could point me in the right direction, but quite honestly anything will help at this point. I have no idea how to thicken the borders, or which objects are which in the Atlas, or what anything is, or where the edges are...

But I guess the most important question I wanna ask is: is it even possible to get Win10 looking exactly like this again? =/

Edited by TheAntiFanboy

I have already got a version of my "gel buttons" theme atlas adapted.

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/10041/RoundedCorners.png

What I do to try to locate what resource composites where is overlay the theme atlas with a colored gradient.  Then using the AeroGlass GUI tool I just type a blank at the end of the theme atlas name and delete it, which causes the graphic resources to be reloaded.

Once the gradient has been loaded, you can look at the colors that show up on various controls and in various places (ideally take a screen grab) and correlate them to the positions in the theme atlas graphic.

Good luck and have fun!

-Noel

Your correct Noel, all of the Windows 10 atlas themes are missing the [X] until one of you atlas gurus do a update for this new build,

until then you can always use the UxThemeSignatureBypass file along with a Windows 10 custom visual style.

~DP  :sneaky:

Custom_Theme_Ux_Theme_Signature_Bypass.j

Your correct Noel, all of the Windows 10 atlas themes are missing the [X] until one of you atlas gurus do a update for this new build,
until then you can always use the UxThemeSignatureBypass file along with a Windows 10 custom visual style.
~DP  :sneaky:
Custom_Theme_Ux_Theme_Signature_Bypass.j

Can you post a link for that theme? I've been looking for such a single theme but I couldn't find ANY at all.

This is a revised theme I am using with my own Nature papers, AeroGlass and Big Muscles UxThemeSignatureBypass.dll files so you don't need to patch any theme files. If you need any help setting up just let me know will be glad to help.

~DP 

Edited by DosProbie

This is a revised theme I am using with my own Nature papers, AeroGlass and Big Muscles UxThemeSignatureBypass.dll files so you don't need to patch any theme files. If you need any help setting up just let me know will be glad to help.
~DP 

Thanks I really appreciate it, however I used Multipatcher instead as im too lazy to work out how the UxThemeSignatureBypass.dll method works, Windows 10 default theme is really sickening to look at, and I thought Win8 was bad, some Aero eases me out :)

it seems there are these known bugs in Win 8.1 themes ported/used in Win10:

• Windows Animation changes to "Fade".
  • Taskbar buttons are a little messed up.
  • Start button doesn't show up in 10036 / 10041.
  • Taskbar Icon/buttons width increases for some reason in 10036 / 10041.

but that's all I guess, for now, I found this Windows 8 theme which had "Button Glow" effect, I dont know how its done but maybe you might want to look into it: http://mrgrim01.deviantart.com/art/Aero-Glow-8-1-415317318

Edited by Mrox2