Wallpaper & Screensaver

to evilvoice:

i put the shutdown time at 2mins, and still didn't apply my theme, even after the reboot. :D

to DarkBringer:

yes my wallpaper is there... :D

to Jotnar:

your tip would be applied at the cmdlines.cmd ?? just copy and paste in there with the correct path? :)

to flattspott:

themes for me arn't working either...

to All:

I'm either trying to get a theme to work, with some customized icons and the wallpaper, or the other option i want the classic look with a wallpaper.

please help. :rolleyes:

DarkBringer,

Yes, I have my wallpaper in $OEM$\$$\Web\Wallpaper folder.

I even overwrote Bliss.jpg, makecab'd it and copied into I386 folder. No joy.

evilvoice,

I will try your suggestion.

Jotnar,

I'll try it.

It's got to be something so simple I'm missing it.

Thanks all

Well this is what i do. with a patched UXtheme.dll of course

Go get a theme you want. Put it in you theme folder and change you current theme to that. Then make sure the wallpaper you want is in the web\wallpaper folder and set your background to that Then save the theme. Then just put all the files in the right spots on you XP cd

This registry setting will work. However, I apply this reg file with cmdlines.txt and before the user is created in the normal user.cmd. It makes the wallpaper of the logon and the created user set to whatever this is. If you want a separate wallpaper for the logon and the user, apply the registry setting to current_user in something like cleanup.cmd (when programs are being installed)

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
"Wallpaper"="%systemroot%\\Wallpaper.bmp"

This is what worked for me. Change the words in red.

In WINNT.SIF:

[shell]CustomDefaultThemeFile="%Systemroot%\Resources\Themes\name.theme"

Save below as name.theme

; Copyright © Microsoft Corp. 1995-2001

[Theme]DisplayName=name

; My Computer

[CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\DefaultIcon]

DefaultValue=%WinDir%explorer.exe,0

; My Documents

[CLSID\{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}\DefaultIcon]

DefaultValue=%WinDir%SYSTEM32\mydocs.dll,0

; My Network Places

[CLSID\{208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D}\DefaultIcon]

DefaultValue=%WinDir%SYSTEM32\shell32.dll,17

; Recycle Bin

[CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\DefaultIcon]

full=%WinDir%SYSTEM32\shell32.dll,32

empty=%WinDir%SYSTEM32\shell32.dll,31

[Control Panel\Cursors]

Arrow=

Help=

AppStarting=

Wait=

NWPen=

No=

SizeNS=

SizeWE=

Crosshair=

IBeam=

SizeNWSE=

SizeNESW=

SizeAll=

UpArrow=

DefaultValue=Windows default

DefaultValue.MUI=@themeui.dll,-2043

[Control Panel\Desktop]

Wallpaper=%WinDir%web\wallpaper\your.jpg

TileWallpaper=0

WallpaperStyle=2

Pattern=

ScreenSaveActive=1

[VisualStyles]

Path=%ResourceDir%\Themes\name\name.msstyles

ColorStyle=NormalColor

Size=NormalSize

[boot]

SCRNSAVE.EXE=%Windir%\System32\logon.scr

[MasterThemeSelector]

MTSM=DABJDKT

ThemeColorBPP=8

Put name.theme and \name\name.msstyles in $OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes, and your.jpg in $OEM$\$$\Web\Wallpaper.

Most important, make sure the patched uxtheme.dl_ is in the i386 folder. If you have been copying uxtheme.dll while your apps are installing, then this might not work.

Tried what you got there.... and nothing.... I made sure all the paths are correct and still nothing... i even got another UXTheme.dll from the cosmtic thread. it changed my logon picture to a rocket... lol but nothing else seams to work i have attached a winrar file that has all my customized files if anyone wants to help... i dunno what to do... give up? NEVER!!!

thanks for you guys's help so far.... :)

ps i keep the dir structure for the $OEM$ folder... took out all the large files, but the main ones are there... thanks again!!

_OEM_.rar

Just make sure your bmp wallpaper ends up in the system32 folder...ie put it in $OEM$\$$\system32 on your CD.

Put the first registry setting I posted previously into a regfile and apply it using cmdlines.txt. The path to the file value in the registry key is just the name of the file...ie file.bmp, since it will end up in the system32 folder.

Cheers

dollars...edit QubeClassic.theme and change

[Control Panel\Desktop]
Wallpaper=%WinDir%Resources\Themes\QubeClassic\Wallpaper\qube.jpg
TileWallpaper=0
WallpaperStyle=2
Pattern=
ScreenSaveActive=0

to

[Control Panel\Desktop]
Wallpaper=%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\QubeClassic\Wallpaper\qube.jpg
TileWallpaper=0
WallpaperStyle=2
Pattern=
ScreenSaveActive=0

other than no icons are present...thats all I can see right now

DarkBringer,

I think you have shown me the light :) . This is what I think the problem is, not setting a theme in the .sif. In my case any way. I checked in my themes folder and found that in "Windows Classic.theme" the wallpaper is defaulted to none. So my guess is that if you don't specify a theme in the .sif you get the good old "Windows Classic". For grins I looked into "Luna.theme" and found "mywallpaper.jpg" that over wrote "bliss.jpg" with.

Anyway I'm cautiously hopeful.

Thanx all

Ight.... I made those changes to the theme file... But to get to the root of the problem its not the theme that isn't loading corretly, its just getting the theme to load AT ALL.

I mean I'm getting the modified them that looks like windows classic with the blue wallpaper, and i can goto themes and select my QubeClassic and it loads fine wallpaper, icons, colors... after I select it. But NEVER on first boot.

any more ideas...

yes i have i added them in you can see in the .rar file i attached earlier, i also wanted to make it clear that there is two different things going on it this post, first theres just the theme getting that to work OR just getting the wallpaper to load. am i right? or does all this info loop together? and also if they are differnt can i have all these entrys in my files? will they screw each other up?

edit: actually they arn't in the .rar file because i added them and it didn't work, so i took them out... i'm a try again right now... Jotnar says to just add the wall paper in system32 directly... not into /web/wallpaper? i'm a try it... i'll report back in a few....

For the wallpaper people are suggesting two different, unrelated ways to get it to show. You could apply a theme but that includes editing the theme, setting it in your winnt.sif and putting it in your $$\Resources\Themes folder on the CD. The other is the registry I mentioned. Put your .bmp/.jpg/.gif wherever you want and point the registry setting to it.

Three examples (using the file Wallpaper.bmp):

1- Put your .bmp in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents (or $OEM$\$Docs\<user name> on CD)

and your registry to: "Wallpaper"="%userprofile%\\My Documents\\Wallpaper.bmp"

2- Put your .bmp in C:\WINDOWS (or $OEM$\$$ on CD)

and your registry to: "Wallpaper"="%systemroot%\\Wallpaper.bmp"

3- Put your .bmp in C:\Program Files\Wallpapers (or $OEM$\$Progs\Wallpapers on CD)

and your registry to: "Wallpaper"="%programfiles%\\Wallpapers\\Wallpaper.bmp"

Get where I'm going? Hope it makes sense.

still didn't work... and i'm not sure i did this correctly, could someone correct my work...

heres what i did:

in cmdlines.txt i added:

"regedit /s figs.reg"

then in figs.reg i added:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"Wallpaper"="%systemroot%\\system32\\qube.jpg"

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
"Wallpaper"="%systemroot%\\system32\\qube.jpg"

i also made sure i have the wallpaper in this folder:

$OEM$\$$\System32\qube.jpg

and still nothing.... what i have at first boot, it the blue background. if i click themes to see what i have, it's modified theme, and the preview shows what i want. the classic look with my wallpaper. i click cancel, let it shutdown and reboot, and still the same thing. if i goto select the wallpaper, my qube.jpg it selected, so if i just click OK and not make any changes, it will show my qube.jpg

thanks for everyones help... this sounds like this is a hard one to fix, and if there's no more answers i understand and thanks again...

Thanks evilvoice,

I think I found the problem in my regtweaks.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\Themes]

With no value set.

Thanx

Did changing this have any positive effect? if so what did you add?