Xplode with win xp sp2 rc1

kingroach

do keep in mind, that though Microsoft didn't mention it, the RC1 that was released on TechNet has a few things crippled to prevent people from using it as a full fledged system.

It could also be that SP2 considers XPlode to be a security risk.

@X-Ecutioner: It's no longer BETA. :) It's in Release stage, just fine tuning it now.

@kingroach

i posted a bugreport about XPlode not being working in SP2. But it may be a bit before it is fixed as SP2 is still in RC stage, and Wraith is alittle busy lately, and may decide to fix it when SP2 official is released.

I wouldn't say a "little" busy. :)

For next week, I need to:

• design a 3-wheeled car spaceframe chassis
  • figure out and write up a report on vibration isolation
  • do an assignment on under, over, and critically damped motion
  • do an electrical quiz on bjt's, mosfet's and amplifiers
  • and a whole lot of other stuff that I don't remember right now

It's gonna be a while folks :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
do keep in mind, that though Microsoft didn't mention it, the RC1 that was released on TechNet has a few things crippled to prevent people from using it as a full fledged system.

It could also be that SP2 considers XPlode to be a security risk.

I posted a bugreport about XPlode not being working in SP2.

Where did you get that idea?

well, whatever....... It's working fine for me.

like kingroach says, "for my computer RC1 and 2055 was more stable than SP1a", and the extra features are a bonus.

I'm on SP2+XPlode/XPinstall since November 2003, and not once have I seen any inherent problem in any of the two (any hassles I faced/heard-of was due to user error or mis-configured XMLs).

SP2 does not register XPlode.exe as a malicious program........ unless you have manually put it in the "dangerous" list.

As for its functioning, it's fine with all versions of XP (gold/SP1/SP1a/SP2 betas/SP2 rc1). I've been using it with zero problems in both normal and GUIinstall modes.

The details:

Tested XPinstall v4.2 and XPlode 1.00 (on)

Windows XP SP1 (v1106), SP2 (ver. 1257, 2055, 2096).

I am just trying to help narrow down the causes of your problem by telling the conditions under which I know/can-confirm it works perfectly.

Please note that I haven't used XPlode versions later than 1.00 (like the 1.04 & 1.05 you are talking about) - so I don't know about them. I'd recommend that you move back to v1.00 if you get too frustrated with 1.05.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this will teach me to read up on something in the forums before I try it.

Spent the morning building a slipstreamed SP2 disk (thanks to UnattenedXP), decided that while I was reworking my disk I might as well move up to XPLode from XPInstall.

Oh well, I'll give XPLode 1.0 a shot.