[Error] - Bad pool caller when reinstalling XP Home

Irish

I've got a good idea of what is going on here:

Stop 0x000000C2 errors are ALWAYS caused by a driver - either it is attempting to free an allocation that has already been freed, or it is at a bad IRQL. Note that this can be caused by faulty hardware, but it is very unlikely to be the case in most situations.

According to your callstack, it appears that the driver in question is trying to free an allocation that has already been deallocated (that's what the 0x00000007 parameter means). However, to determine the driver that is actually causing the pool header error, you would need to set the system up to do a complete memory dump, and run the resulting memory.dmp file through the debugger the next time the system bluescreens. The driver is NOT identified in a Stop: 0x000000C2 error, although the pointer to the location in kernel pool memory that caused the bluescreen is - the third of the four memory hex values is the pointer that you could use within the debugger to dump the drivers currently loaded, get the memory addresses of the drivers, then trackback from the pointer in the bluescreen until you come across one of the drivers.

If you don't have experience debugging, I would be more than willing to do so if you can get me a full memory dump file the next time this happens.

Again, unlike what most are saying here, I'd bet that this is a software issue (driver), rather than a hardware issue, as the error code states clearly that the BSOD was caused by a driver misbehaving in memory that is functioning correctly otherwise, rather than a corrupted memory address (if the callstack had a different first value, it could point to hardware problems, but a 0x7 address is 99.9% a driver problem).