Promise ATA133 Raid Controller

mdonoghue

Good Morning Everyone,

I have done the initial setup using the MSFN Guide for unattended installation and am experiencing some problems with my ATA 133 Promise 20276 Raid controller Drivers. I am getting and error 18 or error 16 for fasttrak.sys. I have manually done the installation as per the old installation style. If anyone can offer me any help with doing similar to the Green Machine information.

Thanks in advance

Mark :)

If you wouldn't mind posting a link to the drivers you are using, i could make sure what you are adding to txtsetup.sif is correct. Basically it is 3 steps:

1) correctly modify txtsetup.sif

2) copy the driver to the i386 folder

3) put the correct path to the GUI drivers in winnt.sif

Blyster

This is how it works for me:

1) Copy the *.sys file in the I386 folder, although using this in command prompt would be much better:

MAKECAB E:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\005rdata\ultra.SYS E:\XPCD\i386\ultra.SY_

All you have to do here is to modify the paths and the SYS file name eventually. I have Ultra.SYS because I'm using the ATA function of the Promise 20276 Controller.

2) Next lookup for txsetup.sif where you look into the [sourceDisksFiles] and add ultra.sys = 1,,,,,,_x,4,1. Always remember to modify that ultra name.

3) Look into the *.inf file of your drivers and locate the IDs of your component. Looks like PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275.DeviceDesc="WinXP Promise MBUltra133 (PDC20276) IDE Controller, but yours is once again somewhat different. Add this line into your txtsetup.sif in section [HardwareIdsDatabase] as follows:

PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275.DeviceDesc="WinXP Promise MBUltra133 (PDC20276) (tm) IDE Controller = "ultra"

4) In that same txtsetup.sif, add under [sCSI.Load] the line ultra = ultra.sys,4 and under [sCSI] the line:

ultra = "WinXP Promise MBUltra133 (PDC20276) (tm) IDE Controller"

Always remember to change those lines with the ones in your *.INF file.

5) And last modify your OemPnPDriversPath in winnt.sif.

I hope there's nothing else left. :)

actually even easier especially for the ultra drivers, is just

MAKECAB E:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\005rdata\ultra.SYS E:\XPCD\i386\ultra.SY_

and then in txtsetup.sif do a search for = ultra. there should be a couple lines starting with PCI

then add in the PCI values from the txtsetup.oem file included with the ultra drivers.

then you're gravy. And you'll have support if for some odd reason also put in a ATA100 card. It's all the same driver, just differnt PCI values.