What is Longhorn Transformation pack 4.0?

XKnoppix

This will update your Windows XP with Longhorn M5 GUI by adding some themes and patch system files.

A new refresh of the 4.0 version Longhorn Transformation Pack is now available. This time WindowsX has done it again with "real" complete by solved previous bugs, tuneup installing and minor changes about new wallpaper and more.

Changes in Version 4.0 Refresh

Added Aero Enmeshed wallpaper

Added Setup CD path line in dialog to notify user to eject CD in that drive or move that folder to somewhere else

Fixed Boot Screen deselected installing problem (Cannot find ntoskrnl.exe)

Fixed license and readme spelling and grammer

Keep Longhorn Screensaver while uninstalling

Minor fixes for Longhorn Keynote PDC theme in Longhorn Aero

This time I will tell you guys about extracting only files. You can do it by add /x after command line e.g. "Longhorn Transformation Pack 4.0 Refresh.exe /x"

Updated processing operation script (More stable and reliable)

Source: http://www.soft32.com/download_3720.html

Btw - this was the first result on google, when i searched for 'Longhorn Transformation pack 4.0', maybe if you try searching next time you might get a quicker answer!

Edit: Getting an answer in 15 mins aint bad :)

Believe me, i read that too. But forgive me, but i feel a little bit out of the loop :) This installs a new theme (like Luna)?!?! I read it... just don't quite understand what it is talking about :rolleyes: Is it a skinning app?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

anyone have success with this?

i'd like to install it to see what the new longhorn looks like..

and be the cool one at school..

but as stated above, it may not have an uninstall?..

anybody with any updates/news?

If you're doing it at school, just be on the safe side and use a theme instead. No system files will get changed and it pretty much looks the same. Transformation packs are good for XP -> OS X, but I don't think that much has changed between XP and Longhorn to warrant a system-files change.

If you want a Longhorn theme, check out ThemeXP.org

If you're doing it at school, just be on the safe side and use a theme instead. No system files will get changed and it pretty much looks the same. Transformation packs are good for XP -> OS X, but I don't think that much has changed between XP and Longhorn to warrant a system-files change.

If you want a Longhorn theme, check out ThemeXP.org

i'm at school.. in my room.. i live here, my own personal computer.. it's not like a high school computer lab or anything. :)

but i do think that is a good idea..

i'll check if there is one on themexp..

that's all i want is the "look".

hopefully my experience won't be the same as yours....

Installed, rebooted, and..... doh! try to reboot again.... dang, how about safe mode.... hmmmm? last known good?.... nope, let's see now.... start normally, nope.... all i get is the white progress bar before the boot/logo screen and then nothing...

Oh, well, I was due for an OS reinstall anyway. :)

I installed this successfully but nothing changed except for those longhorn wallpapers and I think this is the reason why my xp became unstable..

deleting/renaming/right clicking on folders takes almost almost 2 minutes before my pc responds

If anyone knows how ro remove/uninstall this sh*t then pls post

Ah, ok. I just saw the word school and assumed you meant the school computers  :D

There's a bunch on StyleXP, search for either Plex or Slate or Aero.

got jade i think..

the thing is.. i can not STAND the way folders appear now!! i dont like the whole up / down thing, i like the left being stuck, and everything in the right side!

:):rolleyes:

so yeah, i dont have that longhorn theme anymore..

dammit! i liked a lot of the stuff to.. i liked the _ minimize and x thingies.. ;0.

i didn't like some of the fonts used either.. they didn't gel well or look good for the appearance!