Latest Office 2003 Updates

Newbie here with lots of questions.

First I'd like to say I silpstreamed my 1st Win XP cd and now I can install without a SATA floppy. since I have no floppy. and I have a bad habit of reinstalling windows about every 3-6 months because windows runs too slow or wierd things start happenening. know, I should investigate the problem more so it doesn't happen that often. But I do have firewall, a/v, adaware, and router. and I even figured out how to make a BartPE bootdisk that does a/v and adware scan.

Second, I just upgraded my Offixe XP pro to Office 2003 pro and found this article after I finished my Win silpstream and had a few questions.

Third, On the silpstream, do I just add this stuff to my win xp cd? or silpstream on separate CD.

Fourth, on the batch file on step 4, it says to create a batch file? what should I name it and where should I place it to get it to run and what file should I edit to add the batch command to. someone forgot to explain it like I was 3 yrs old and never seen a compiuter before :rolleyes: or do I add it into the win xp silpstream in it's batch file command section?

and lastly. I have a DVD burner and if I need to merge all this together, I don't think it will fit onto a cd, so can I use a DVD? and if so is there anything special I need to do to DVD to get it to boot?

and one more, the instructions said I could slipstream pro and front page, but my disk only had the pro file and not the proplus. I figured it must of been a prepackaged deal of pro/fp together and I bought mine seperate. Is there a way to slipstream them together without it being a package deal?

Thanks for the help in advance.

-=Mark=-

I told you I had a lot of questions :)

nOOb query: in the http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/office2003_advanced.htm guide in the 'Section 2 - The Slipstreaming Process' it says "Run the following syntax on the downloaded file:

Office2003SP1-kb842532-fullfile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\SP1"... how exactly do you do that? :)

edit: it's now been updated to "Run the following syntax on the downloaded file (using command prompt or the Start > Run box):

Office2003SP1-kb842532-fullfile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\SP1" :rolleyes:

One more update for the SP1 glut: Business Contact Manager. Microsoft refers to this software add-on as "Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager" so the first service pack is named "Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Service Pack 1." Despite the semi-misleading title, the service pack is for BCM (which can only be installed on top of Outlook 2003) and not Outlook by itself.

KB 839881 has a description, or just download the Full-file update directly (~1.5 MB).

One more update for the SP1 glut: Business Contact Manager.  Microsoft refers to this software add-on as "Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager" so the first service pack is named "Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Service Pack 1."

Added :)

nOOb query: in the http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/office2003_advanced.htm guide in the 'Section 2 - The Slipstreaming Process' it says "Run the following syntax on the downloaded file:

Office2003SP1-kb842532-fullfile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\SP1"... how exactly do you do that?  :)

You can do it in a Command Prompt, or from the Start > Run box. But where people download it to is very random, so you need to define the path as well. e.g if its in C:\Downloads\ then the command would be:

C:\Downloads\Office2003SP1-kb842532-fullfile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\SP1

Office2003SP1-kb842532-fullfile-enu.exe /Q /C /T:C:\SP1"... how exactly do you do that?  :)

It said I wasn't able to silstream the updates as I have the retail version so I just skipped to section 3.

I found the rest of the help files as I noticed I was in an advanced help file. I'm still working on it but still need to know if I can incorporate front page 2003 with office 2003 as they were NOT bundled together but bought seperately.

also on burning a dvd, do I still keep the same settings in the burner, or do I need different ones for the loaded sectors=4 and load segement = 07C0? or any of the others need changing?

Thanks again

-=Mark=-

Hello.

I have Office 2003 5 in 1 CD. I was slipstream Office, Visio, OneNote with SP1, but now I can't fit all 5cd in 1 (using UltraIso optimization), becose all files was seems unpacked. How I can make 5 in 1 now?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.