What chat programs do you use most?

ThA_FiLeR

31 members have voted

1. 1. What chat programs do you use most?

• MSN Messenger
    • Trillian
    • AIM

Helloooo? Where's XMPP (Jabber, Gtalk)!?!?

Pretty much everyone I know has a gmail account, and as such we mostly use XMPP. I also have an MSN, Yahoo! and AIM account, as well as facebook chat, but I primarily use XMPP. I talk to people with facebook chat a lot as many people who don't have gmail use that, but I find it annoying and buggy. Facebook claims they'll be rolling out XMPP soon - that would be nice!

I just tried the facebook chat. Is is possible to have more than one person in a "room" with that? I tried to figure it out but I couldn't. I wish you could change what sound it makes when you get a message also. It definately isn't an IM replacement. I would say that only 2% of my buddy list is on Facebook, if that, and plus you have to be actively on the site in order for it to work. And lastly, facebook chat makes the browser lag down when you receive a message.

No, it's not possible to have group chats, it seems. Their chat is very... basic. They claim they'll be implementing XMPP soon, but so far they haven't. No way to change the sound, although with some work you might be able to write a greasemonkey script to do that. There are two 3rd party IM clients that support Facebook chat, making it more bearable. Digsby supports it natively, and Pidgin supports it with a plugin.

i like msn over trillian and yahoo for a couple of reasons.

1. my yahoo have about 3 contacts

2. my yahoo still has 3 contacts

and when im conversin with my ppl on msn the integration is much better when its msn to msn messenger ..

i heard ppl say that msn leaves a big foot print on ur system, but so does cs3 and vmware and none of them actually slows my pc down a considerable amount