PC hangs before boot

labist

Hello

My problem is that when I start my PC it hangs on first screen before booting and goes on boot screen after 5 to 10
minutes. And if I go to bios options it works very slow to move on bios options. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Hello

My problem is that when I start my PC it hangs on first screen before booting and goes on boot screen after 5 to 10

minutes. And if I go to bios options it works very slow to move on bios options. Please help me to resolve this issue.

That's your problem.

My problem (in trying to provide you some help/assistance with your problem :)) is guessing :w00t::ph34r: WHAT "your PC" is (like brand/model/laptop/desktop/etc.) WHAT it is supposed to boot to (WHICH Operating System, from WHICH device, like internal hard disk, USB, CD-ROM).

You have to consider how usually our ESP powers are at their low on the 7th,14th, 21th and 28th of each month (and the d@mn crystal ball is AGAIN in the shop for maintenance/tuning :().

Seriously, try describing your hardware and software, even without getting too verbose you can provide the essential details.

The "slow going" to the BIOS page sounds a lot like a hardware error of some kind, but without some data on the actual machine involved it's hard to say what could it be.

First thing I would do would be to clean the innards and check/clean contacts/reseat RAM modules, it won't hurt anyway.

Second thing would be (if a desktop) to disconnect all internal disk devices and see if the "slow going" to the BIOS remains the same.

An issue with recognizing a hard disk (or CD/DVD) drive at boot up may well lead to very long boot times and long delay before entering the BIOS.

jaclaz

My PC is desktop brand is lenovo 7523-71G.It has windows 7 installed. It boots from sata hard drive with windows 7 installed in it.

I have checked the RAMs they are working on another PC of same model. I have checked other PC'c Ram ( same model/Brand) on the subject PC.

But same problem exist. I have also disconnected Hard drive and CD ROM cables. But problem still exists.

Try disconnecting EVERYTHING, leaving connected ONLY monitor and keyboard and a single (surely working) RAM stick.

What happens (please describe) when you boot in this configuration (you may want to disable BIOS splash screen - if any - and attempt to reach the BIOS setup through it's hotkey, should be Ibelieve F1 or F2 on Lenovo's :unsure:)?

How much slow is to get to the BIOS setup page?

Since you have another PC of the same model, next test would be to transplant (temporarily) the PSU (Power Supply Unit) of the other PC onto that one and see if anything changes.

jaclaz

Disconnected everything as you said It takes almost 15 minutes to boot or to go to bios and when I move in bios it is very slow. I have tried the other PSU but still problem exists.

Disconnected everything as you said It takes almost 15 minutes to boot or to go to bios and when I move in bios it is very slow. I have tried the other PSU but still problem exists.

If you disconnected everything how can it boot (at all)? (there would be NO devices to boot from)

You should be able to ONLY access the BIOS with everything but keyboard, screen and single stick of RAM connected.

Anyway, there is not much else that you can do, the only things remaining are to try (won't likely change anything) disconnect the clock battery for - say - half an hour (with the PC of course disconnected from mains) and re-flashing the BIOS (but I also doubt that the symptoms may be connected to this).

Before trying the above, if that BIOS has a "reset configuration data" (or something similar) provision, try using it.

As well try (if you have such an option) to set "safe settings".

You can try to run the Lenovo diagnostic utilities see the hardware manual here:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/guides-and-manuals/detail.page?DocID=UM000486

maybe they can pinpoint a specific issue/defect.

jaclaz

Here I want to pointout one thing that somehow slow movement problem in bios has gone but still having delay in POST.
And strange thing is that sometimes it does not delay on POST and I can go to bios or boot quickly without any delay.