I need everyone help on this one...

Well, it says how to do it within the first 5 paragraphs of Joe's site, but I

sorta agree they do need a little more detailed documentation, esp in the .zip

file you download.

Anyway, just take expand.exe, makecab.ex_ and findstr.ex_ out of I386

Expand the two ex_ files with expand.

Put all the batches you wanna use and the 3 files above in the root of the CD that's on your HD.

Either expand driver.cab and sp1.cab or first click on the "DRIVERS! Before you Begin.cmd"

Keep clicking on all the .cmds you want, waiting like 30 secs or so after each is finished to make sure its finished.

Lastly .cmd file to click is "DRIVERS! Finishing off"

Then delete the 3 file and all the .cmd files from your CD root and that should be it.

:)

thats the explanation on how to apply the patches by joe. for a unattended guide use unattended.msfn.org

be sure to read everything two times to understand it. nearly everyone understood the perfect guide so you will too :)

that process is for making an unattended xp pro cd with the changes made by the batch files?

No, it doesn't create an Unattended XP CD. Its very different to what you want. It slims down the size of Windows XP's installation files. It explains this on the site.

Ive used both guides.

First the one with all the batch files so i get about 180MB. Freeing up about 300Megs. So that was for getting it small. After done that and testet that it works i applied the

Reducing Size of Source Guide written by Gosh i guess to get it booting. With all the files on his page this second step took me about 5 minutes (well, not exactly) to get the cd booting to start its unattended thing. It works perfect!

My XPCD-SP1 without any additions is now 175.000k small. gives me about 525.000k free space left for whatever i want it to be used for. Im planning to use about 225.000k for additions and 300.000k for office.

Ive read that it would be possible using both guides to get the base install to about 150Megs. But i really dont know what to delete after all this is done. Maybe the OEMBios.BI_? I dont know and i guess at least not this file. (But its 14 Megs)

Ill give it a try someday when absolutely all works the way i want it to and a master iso is saved at a secure place! (Well, i just deleted my only english sp1 orig version through some stupid operations with WinISO -.-).

okay once u remove the stuff from i386 folder with jdeboeck's batches

put your winnt.sif in i386 folder

make other changes if u want to then

get

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/a/z/azh1...CDUtilities.zip

(@mod's I'm not sure if this is in the unattended guide but here it is..)

and then put that file u just downloaded into root of c drive and run it!

make sure u have your xp cd stuff in c:\xpcd

or edit the batch file in the zip file!

also i think everyone thought that this, what u're asking is the most obvious part.

if u had typed those lines b4 (how can i make a unattended xp pro cd with the changes made by batch files? ") u'd have an answer b4...

We understand the question. Your asking us to do it for you. Try help yourself and read the truck loads of information on this forum and affiliated sites.

We spend months learning and making our own. You want someone to hold your hand and do it for you wihtout showing any sign of effort on your part? Only way that happens is with an extremely nice person or monetary incentive...