FastTrak SX4000 Driver

r37ribution

Ok i copied my driver to a folder inside the XPCREATE dir:

K:\XPCREATE\FILESCD\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\002_RAID

and also added an additional folder for updated NVidia drivers:

K:\XPCREATE\FILESCD\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\004_VIDEO

The following folders were also added to the K:\XPCREATE\FILESCD\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\ directory:

000_CHIPSET

001_SATA

003_SCSI

005_NETWORK

006_AUDIO

007_MODEM

However all of these are empty as I have not added these drivers yet.

XPCreate modified my TXTSETUP.INF as follows:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--  4:00:15 -- Add list of New Files to [Files] in DOSNET.INF.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--  4:00:15 -- RoyalBox's SVCPACK.INF Creator
K:SVCPACK.INF
1 File(s) copied
--  4:00:21 -- Adding SATA/RAID support.
--  4:00:21 -- Recreating TXTSETUP.INF.
--  4:00:24 -- Adding lines to TXTSETUP.SIF:
[SourceDisksFiles]

[HardwareIdsDatabase]

[SCSI.load]

[SCSI]

1 file(s) copied.
--  4:00:24 -- Update uncompressed versions.

So i decided to create my own drivers and add them into the ISO; however I don't fully understand what the parameters "si3112.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1" mean. I think i read somewhere it has something to do with where the files are copied to but I'm not sure. Here is my TXTSETUP.SIF file:

[SourceDisksFiles] 
FastSx.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_6621 = "fastsx"
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_6622 = "fastsx"

[SCSI.load]
fastsx = fastsx.sys,4

[SCSI]
si3112 = "Promise FastTrak S150 SX4/SX4000 Series Controller"

A link to the promise SX4000 windows XP driver DL page:

FastTrak SX4000 Driver page

I used the NON-Beta version 1.2.0.9 for Windows XP

THANKS!

XPCREATE.LOG

please understand that there are two questions here...

XPCREATE modified my TXTSETUP.SIF with blank driver info - maybe XPC has an issue with drivers being more than one directory deep inside the "DRIVERS" folder?

The second issue/question was if the driver i created if of the proper formate and how do you determine the part of the driver "FastSx.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1 " (I'm refering to the "1,,,,,,3_,4,1" parameters)?

:edited:

*Thanks dude I really apprecite how fast you got back with me on my other post, and the time you take looking into these things.*

I know I wouldn't be able to assist this many people...

Edited by r37ribution

dunno about proper format...

but if you go to Green's website (not the XPCreate one, but base one. greenmachine.msfnhosting.com ) click RAID/SATA drivers, and read that. It may help you.

as for the string of numbers, you should try a SEARCH. TXTSETUP.SIF Explained is what you should look for.

I think GreenMachine and I have everything sorted out here, he added the lines above to the driver database Here for my FastTrak SX4000. When i finish debugging my issues I'm having with the initial "Welcome" screen upon 1st reboot of the computer ***not showing up***(where you setup the initial user accounts and connection settings) in VMWare, and finally get around to reinstalling my computer with the RAID controller I'll post results here.

Attacted is my log file per GreenMachine's request

It did auto add the info to the txtsetup.sif file according to the log file.

@ GreenMachine: I also managed to speed up the build process of the slipstreamed CD by relocating the XPCREATE folder to one of the drives on the array, check out the log file...

XPCREATE.LOG

32 Minutes versus 80 minutes ... I'll take the RAID disks for speed ... The log file looks good. Let us know how it works for the RAID config. (You can just try to boot the CD, and see if it lists the RAID drives, without actually doing an install.)

Actually the welcome screen wasn't coming up because I was using a blank password for the "Administrator" profile, lol i found this out after reinstalling like 4 times. including trying it with my origional xp sp1 cd. i could of sworn that it still gave you the welcome screen even if you left a blank admin PW. oh well.

oh yeah the SX4000 driver works great! thanks GM