Issues with Firefox 24 and latest daily version of UURollup v11

I'm not sure if this bug is necessarily related to Windows 2000 but I think this may be a workaround:

Go to about:config and change extensions.alwaysunpack to true (source)

@ppgrainbow I've checked the UURollup log file. It seems that the installation failed on adding registry changes, but the files themselves had been already copied at that point. I haven't really added any new important (if any) registry related stuff to UURollup for a long time so I think you can use the system as it is. I'm going to prepare a new daily release in the near future so you may try to install this one and see if the "access denied" error still pops up.

Edited by tomasz86

I'm not sure if this bug is necessarily related to Windows 2000 but I think this may be a workaround:

@ppgrainbow I've checked the UURollup log file. It seems that the installation failed on adding registry changes, but the files themselves had been already copied at that point. I haven't really added any new important (if any) registry related stuff to UURollup for a long time so I think you can use the system as it is. I'm going to prepare a new daily release in the near future so you may try to install this one and see if the "access denied" error still pops up.

Thank you very much for telling me. Changing the extensions.alwaysunpack to true worked very well! :)

As for the UURollup, it looks like that there seemed to be a problem with the installation failing on adding registry changes properly.

Incase there are any "access denied" errors occurring when I try to install a future version of UURollup and Windows 2000 fails to operate correctly, I will need to work with the recovery console on a backup computer w/internet access how to recover from the botched UURollup installation.

Hi.

can't addon, cannot modify needed file; XP and no script only installed | Firefox サポートフォーラム | Mozilla サポート

The problem is related to it ?

Edited by blackwingcat

Hello everyone -- I have read all of your comments and haven't changed the "extensions.alwaysunpack to true" yet, so I can't verify it will work here. However, @tomasz86, I run SeaMonkey (FF 24 platform - latest version) at home and have not run into this issue on my Windows XP machine. It's really puzzling why Win XP would work (with addon updates,) but not my "patched" Win2K installation with UURollup, which has been working wonderfully since April, with absolutely no "blue screens," or crashes of any kind. I am pleased with the UURollup as it has allowed me to keep my browser up to date, and install some software that I couldn't before (like Flash updates.) I wish I could understand what is going on in the (java?) code. If the variable "addon.id" is the problem, where is it set? And why work on XP but not Win2K? I will try changing the "extensions.alwaysunpack" later today while I am in SeaMonkey 2.20 (FF 23) and then run the update to version 2.21 (FF24.) Unfortunately, all of my addons are updated. I will have to wait until a new NoScript comes out to verify that this works.

@blackwingcat, is there an English translation for your link: http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1817451.html ? In the bugzilla report, is COPY_FILE_ALLOW_DECRYPTED_DESTINATION a module called within a DLL? And, can this be patched into a current UURollup installation if it is? Seems like the Mozilla developers just don't want us to keep using the Firefox platform using Win2K.

Edited by GaryMX

I will change the kernel32.dll does not return error 0xc000000d but ignore COPY_FILE_ALLOW_DECRYPTED_DESTINATION on Extended kernel v23h (kernel32.dll 5.0.2195.7023).

I released it :)

@blackwingcat, is there an English translation for your link: http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1817451.html ? In the bugzilla report, is COPY_FILE_ALLOW_DECRYPTED_DESTINATION a module called within a DLL? And, can this be patched into a current UURollup installation if it is? Seems like the Mozilla developers just don't want us to keep using the Firefox platform using Win2K.

Edited by blackwingcat

I will change the kernel32.dll does not return error 0xc000000d but ignore COPY_FILE_ALLOW_DECRYPTED_DESTINATION on Extended kernel v23h (kernel32.dll 5.0.2195.7023).

I released it :)

Patching kernel32.dll in a upcoming UURollup v11 installation to ignore the COPY_FIRE-ALLOW_DECRYPTED_DESTINATION would be awesome! :thumbup

Patching kernel32.dll in a upcoming UURollup v11 installation to ignore the COPY_FIRE-ALLOW_DECRYPTED_DESTINATION would be awesome! :thumbup

I'll try to add the new files to UURollup this weekend. Of course, all credit goes to blackwingcat for preparing the fix :)

Edited by tomasz86

I'll try to add the new files to UURollup this weekend. Of course, all credit goes to blackwingcat for preparing the fix :)

Thank you very much! :) I can't wait for the update to UURollup very soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much! :) I can't wait for the update to UURollup very soon.

I'm very sorry for the delay :}

The update is ready. Check this post for details.

Thank you for telling me. I will test the latest version of UURollup in a VM and report back to see if there are any problems associated with the UURollup v11 daily update.