Looking for Intel D875PBZ drivers

SKARDAVNELNATE

Hello, according to http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-008326.htm

The D875PBZ board is suppose to fully support Windows 98. However the wrong chipset driver is provided.

INF_AllOS_8.3.1.1009_PV_Intel.exe claims to be for Windows 98 SE and Intel® Desktop Board D875PBZ.

But attempting to run the file in Windows 98 SE results in this.
The INF_AllOS_8.3.1.1009_PV_Intel.exe file is linked to missing export SHELL32.DLL:SHCreateDirectoryExA.

Some searching revealed that there was an -A flag to extract the files it would install. Including a readme.txt which says:

2. One of the following operating systems must be
fully installed and running on the system
before installing this software:

Microsoft Windows* Server 2003
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition*
Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition*
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft windows Vista

Also "* Target Chipset#: X38 & 3200/3210 Chipset" but according to a manual PDF the Intel D875PBZ uses 875P Chipset.

In device manager there are 2 items that have question marks.

PCI System Management Bus
Unknown Device

I tried that one as well. it did remove the question marks on the two devices, however it also went through 2 dozen or so other New Hardware Found boxes and froze on the Windows is shutting down screen. Is there a way to install the drivers seperately for just the two devices?

I tried that one as well. it did remove the question marks on the two devices, however it also went through 2 dozen or so other New Hardware Found boxes and froze on the Windows is shutting down screen. Is there a way to install the drivers seperately for just the two devices?

I'm sure there is, but that's not the right way to do it, and I have never tried to do so. Besides, once those devices are identified, it triggers the detection of others. That's what is supposed to happen.

I suggest you start from the beginning. Install Windows 98SE, then install the Intel INF package I linked before doing anything else. If 98SE hangs on shutdown, give it a minute or so and press RESET and allow everything to continue.

Sometimes you will see shutdown problems under 9x on newer systems. Once the drivers are installed, it should not be a problem, but if it still is I suggest you download and install the 98SE Shutdown HotFix.

• 8 years later...

Greetings, I know that this is a very old thread, but I figured it might be worth a shot to try asking my question here. I recently decided to put together a Windows 98SE build using some of the old components I had laying around. This build is based on Intel D875PBZ Motherboard, Pentium4 CPU, 1GB of PC3200 DDR-400 ram, etc. 

After installing Windows 98SE, I had trouble locating the correct chipset drivers, but eventually came across Intel Chipset version 6.3.0.1007 drivers for Windows 98SE. The issue is that even after installing these drivers I still have 3 unidentified devices in the Device Manager (including onboard USB controller, onboard LAN, and one more device Wi-Fi Adapter). 

I was wondering if anyone here happens to have the installers for both USB and LAN drivers as they don't seem to be included with the Intel Chipset installation package. I tried visiting Intel Download Center, but they have discontinued support for all these legacy devices and have actually purged all old archives (pre-2013) from their website. Maybe someone out there has experience a similar issue installing Windows 98SE on an Intel 875p motherboard and has all the original drivers that they can share. Thank You!

Here are some of the original Driver CDs for the D875PBZ.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=D875PBZ

This model uses the Intel CSA bus for the network card. Perhaps, for correct operation, you need the original driver for this board, supplied on the official Driver CD.

Previously, you could download updated driver versions for this model on the Intel website. At a minimum, their names can be found via web.archive.org from around 2003-2005.