Office Shrinker [reduce source of o2k3/xp/2k]

buckeyeXP

I got my Word only installation down to @ that size but it took me a day and a half to track down and replace all of the missing\not found files.

Is this for Office 2003? It seems all of my shrinks are at about 300 mbs (full install). If it is 2003, Is it possible that you give a few sentence explanation on how? I followed the example for Office XP, and although well written, does not seem to work for 2003. I guess a few of the readers of this group are missing a key item.

Thanks for any assistance - and knowledge transfer!

OFFICE 2003

Some will consider my post silly, but that is what happened with me

I've created the administrative point.

I've slipstreamed all service packs and all hotfixes.

I've created the unattended.mst file using ORK.

I've tested the setup files with the posted switch, and every thing installed unattended 100%.

I'm using an enterprise version.

I've used the shrinker directly on a clean windows installation with no previous office installed, and the source was the previous created administrative setup for office.

I'm using English version of office, with english version of xp sp2.

I'm always recieving an error during the shrinker process, and a very quick message come & disappear for an error and asking for retry but it keeps going.

when I test the result files, I'm always recieving an error.

What could be wrong?

and how it really get installed 100% unattended but failed when I'm going on with office shrinker.

Thanks

Later edit: I redoing what I did and every thing working great now :thumbup

Edited by mgadallah

Does anyone know if this works for 2003. Everytime I run it, it says its done either right away or halfway through the progress bar and only like 8mb transfers. But, the 2003 install screen will keep going till its done and only a tiny part is there when it finishes.

• 3 weeks later...

I followed the .pdf guide but at this stage

" This command will perform a silent installation of Office XP using the Unattended.MST file you created in the

Custom Installation Wizard to set your customized options. But we don't want to use the exact command

shown above as this wouldn't exist when installing from a CD, so change:

TRANSFORMS=C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\Unattended.MST /qb-

to...

TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb- "

I have a problem.

On the final screen just before to click the last finish button I should change,as mentioned in the guide, the TRansform command but I tried to change it on the screen but I couldn't make any changes.

Can anyone help me on this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello

i tryed to shrink my office 2003 incl sp2 ....after making an unattended.mst....but it does not work....office shrink worked and after finishing installation it said....finished, 0 files modified, 0 files moved....

is there an other programm for shrinking office

or

with what version of office does it work????

i want to slipstream my office into my winxp cd

greets danny christ