Office Shrinker [reduce source of o2k3/xp/2k]

buckeyeXP

Well I tested the SFX package i made on a Virtual Machine with an original installation of XP Pro with SP2 and it worked. So i assume its my installation of my unattended CD that is the problem. I guess it has to do with something i removed from the installation...but what it the question....any ideas anyone?

I have made my Office shrink to 55MB and tested it on a machine that has a non-modified XP installed and it worked fine. Next I tried it on my Windows installed using my unattended CD (iso image) it and it doesnt work. Im using OfficeXP Pro Frontpage.

I get msgs during the installation saying that I'm missing

C:\files\system\ctfmon.exe

.......................\dimm.dll

........................\msctfp.dll

and some ODBC things, and for some reason at a certain point it asks for my Windows XP SP2 CD and it says that my Unattended CD isnt good.

Im guessing that it worked on the non-modified XP because it has the all the files backed up in the C:\windows. Can i just add the files that are missing from my office(not shrunk) or will that mess up the shrunken office?

Here is my Unattended.mst

Unattended.MST

How are you guys getting it down that small? I've got Office 2003 pro, I set it up to install only Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. The ORK at that point showed the final size should be 198 megs, but my install source, even after running the auto-it script and removing the MSIs and installers for word, etc, is still around 320mb. Am I missing something? Perhaps buried within this 27-page thread?

How are you guys getting it down that small? I've got Office 2003 pro, I set it up to install only Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. The ORK at that point showed the final size should be 198 megs, but my install source, even after running the auto-it script and removing the MSIs and installers for word, etc, is still around 320mb. Am I missing something? Perhaps buried within this 27-page thread?

winrar sfx

Office 2003 including Word, Excel and Powerpoint. I stripped most of the useless features and got it down to a 58.9 mb SFX. (Winrar - Best Compression) :thumbup

Then I added all the office source files and the .mst file to the SFX and typed in the comment field:

TempMode
Setup=SETUP.EXE TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qn
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

This will extract the files into a temporary directory, run the install commands, install it and then remove the temporary files. Which means it's a fully unattended and silent office 2003 installation package that fits easily on my cd. Just set RunOnceEx to run the executable, no commandlines needed.

Thanks for this great utility.

*EDIT* Got the size down by a few more megs.

not working for me :(

i made the Office XP splitstream with SP3, using the unattended site guide.

i made the Unattended.MST file.

now the Office XP folder takes 977MB :unsure:

i have an error 25003 with the office xp shrinker :(

plz help me if u can.

here's my office2_task.txt (office2.log in the next page) :

office2_Task_0001_.txt