Office Shrinker [reduce source of o2k3/xp/2k]

buckeyeXP

buckeyeXP,

I actually get the same error as devilrunner. What I was trying to say in the first post is that, as you can see in the attached office.log, that there is a command run (Command Run: C:\office\final\SETUP.EXE...) from my "final" destination. If that is so, how should it find the files that gives the error? My source is located in the dir "Original".

wghout

Office.log.zip

Ok i think i figured out what is going on, but i dont have any way of testing it.

So let me know

@wghout: sorry if i came off as curt, u just caught me having a rough day at work. Let me know if this works for you.

If not........back to the drawing board.

maybe this can help you in making your program work for dutch users.

I am using a english OS and a dutch OF2k3.

In my last post I got a strange error box telling me that a file doesn't exist.

I checked my ini file and because I had an english OS I thought I change the error value to 'error' instead of the dutch 'Fout'.

This resulted in the disapearance of the strange error box and gave me a normal error.

OF2k3_schrink_admininstall_dutch.rar

@alhaddar: i dont know what version you have, but i think it was one of the first. Download the new one and try that. There shouldnt be any problems what so ever with the english version.

as far as the dutch version goes... still searching.

@buckeyeXP i'm currently building a website and i would like to host your versions of office shrink. would u like to have a mirror?? if so please post me the links to the final/multilingual versions of your tool.

• 2 weeks later...

office shrink v2 gives an error it can't find files.. it seems to swap target and source dir. So I have to copy manually... I don't thin that is what has to happen ?!? (BTW Dutch Office 2k3)

Sorry forgot how the program works... well it isn't copying anything....

It gives error

Make sure File exists

Even better is works only once then exits. It does copy one file and then stops and leaves the setup running

• 2 weeks later...

it worked flawless with Office XP :)

thanks a bunch

i trimmed 650MB to about 135MB

thats hell of a lot :D

i also reinstalled office after i removed it, no errors :rolleyes:

im about to try publisher right now :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

First of all, thanks to buckeyeXP for his great little app.

The params for a french install of office are :

[Language]

lang=French

dir=1036

retry=&Réessayer

title=Microsoft Office

error=Erreur

Tested succesfully on office 2003 Pro...

Office 2003 SP1 is out.

Anybody got a script or a gui like nuhis nLite to slipstream the SP1 into the Office CD? Slipstreaming Office SPs is not that easy like with Windows SPs. The Command Line is much longer and there are 3 command lines at least to update the Office CD Source.

But there are some good tutorials like here to get into it, so dont worry. Would just be interesting if anybody was diligent and code some easy using gui tool for slipstreaming :)

Hi!

Thanks Guys too guides us.I have 2 Questions:

1- How to Slipstreaming Onenote Sp1 ,Visio and project in Office 2003 unattended Cd?

2- How to SetUp language Office 2003 in Farsi with code=1065? or

How to edit an mst file? Note: in Ork does not have Farsi languages and i do that with a LIP file.

Hi!

Thanks Guys too guides us.I have 2 Questions:

1- How to Slipstreaming Onenote Sp1 ,Visio and project in Office 2003 unattended Cd?

follow the instructions for Office and do it for Frontpage, OneNote, Project, & Visio.

you can use the Office SP1 patch for FrontPage.

some of the installs - Frontpage & Project need to patches. One for the program and the second one for the Web Components (Which is part of the Office SP patch).