• Kaspersky
    • NOD32
    • Norton Antivirus (Home Version)
    • AVG
    • Avast!
    • F-Secure
    • Norman

Norton is a piece of overrated bloatware imo

Slow updates, bad overall detection (I've seen trojans of months old slip through Norton easily), bloated GUI, memory eater etc....

Kaspersky all the way, especially their latest Personal version. Kaspersky used to have messed up GUIs but now they equal Norton's (except the useless stuff and bloat). New virus definitions multiple times a day, good detection, decent memory usage. You can even make it detect adware and other riskware if you'd want to. I like it.

Symantec has good marketing and probably by far the biggest user base. All the n00bies know 'Norton' as the only 'virusscanner' so they get it on their box, little do they know.... shame to see a below-average product being used by so many while there are many better alternatives. Even freeware scanners such as AVG are better.

Let the flames begin.

Edit: I forgot; NOD32 and Avast need a mention too, both of them are great free alternatives to Norton.

Symantec AV 8 and 9 corp are the best. They have had the same easy style friom version 7.60. It's not a mamory hog and you can use a central av server if needed.

Symantec AV 8 and 9 corp are the best. They have had the same easy style friom version 7.60. It's not a mamory hog and you can use a central av server if needed.

Best in your opinion... not right to say they are ultimately better than everything else as different programs have pros and cons.

hi everybody!!!!!

This is Ayaz, first of all a little bit about myself. I am working as Manager I.T with The Jammu & Kashmir Bank since a year now as being a network guy so currently handling Symantec Antivirus Server under me. I feel this is the best product till date even though it has it own boundaries. There are issues with me which are still pending and i am seriously looking a way out. The best part about this product what i find is that it keeps the track of all its secondary servers and clients through the network and one can perform any thing one would like to from installation to scans and maintaing logs for the same...Please put up your class thoughts and let me know if any body out there can help me with my issues.

with regards

Ayaz Kanth

Stear well clear of anything to do with Norton and your usually ok, I think NOD is pretty much the best one, even better now with improved huristics and spyware detection. Norton is so poor i`m sick of fixing peoples machines who are running it and get clogged up with viri. Not only that, its bloaty, has had lots of security holes and when I used to run it, it randomly started deleting ALL my e-mails. In fact, I`d say Norton Antivirus has been more distructive than ANY virus i`ve ever encountered!

The one or two people who say "I don`t need an antivirus I`m just careful" are living in their own little world. If your computers connected to the internet, you need antivirus, simple as that.