Help using DVD Decrypter to RIP DVDs onto my HD

christopher

what exactly am i supposed to do with them?

how do i get my movie to one nice .avi or .mpeg file?

(i have a program called "all video joiner", where i can join whatever files into one .mpeg or .avi..)

except i dont know what files are the movie files..

i dont know what ifo stands for or vbo..

:rolleyes:

some more description.. i open dvd decrypter.. and the movie i'm trying to rip now is beverly hills cop.. and it makes a folder and starts putting stuff in D:/BEVCOP1/VIDEO_TS/

i just dont know what to do.. it takes a bit of space.. the normal amount of space movies take up.. but..

here is a pic of what it looks like now... 35% done..

oh yeah.. bup files too.. it seems like each number has a bup, vbo, and ifo file associated with it..

video_ts.jpg

ok after previewing this the upload got a little screwy.. but you can still see the first line of files.. that's how the rest of them look.. :)

do you recommend any? that's what i want.

btw.. i just got windvd 5 platinum.. and touched the video_ts file.. and the menu screen came up.. but.. i want to be able to share as well and not everybody has windvd 5 platinum.

and thanks for your help.

hmm.. i have this "ImTOO DVD Ripper" now.. and it just goes so SLOW.. my regular dvd decrypter went a lot faster.. this one takes the time of the movie! :).. but it does work, i am converting dvds in my tower straight to mpeg so..

does anybody have better suggestions?

i do like that windvd 5 platinum.. it's great. nice features. capturing, zoom.. great audio and everything else. except that just plays my video_ts files that are ifo/vbo whatever that i still dont understand i just click on the one that says video_ts.. and i get the whole menu screen and all.. which is great.

I generally use the following list of programs (in order):

SmartRipper

DVD2AVI

ChapterXtractor

TMPGEnc

VCDEasy

There is an EXCELLENT tutorial at http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles...ovcd/index.html.

Note that this will create a VCD (playable in a DVD player/any computer). More tutorials can be found at http://www.digital-digest.com

Or if you want to create DivX movies (AVIs), try http://www.divx-digest.com.

how is the speed on yours?.. i don't have a slow computer either, i'm up to date.

just the one i'm using now takes the length of the movie, which gets annoying.. because that's basically at least an hour and 45 mins for each one regardless.

when my standard decrypter.. downloads everything together, w/ the menu screens and all.. but the files are different.. and it does it in 20 mins or less!

Well, on my P3-450, 320MB RAM (Use it to rip), it takes about 10-20 minutes to rip the movie, 10-20 minutes to extract the audio (DVD2AVI) and then about 5-6 hours to encode to VCD format.

It won't happen straight away. Encoding takes a long time (you try compressing 5-7GB of video into 1GB). I generally rip the video at about 11 and then encode it overnight.

its going to take hours for completion especially if u want higher quality.

I used to make avi's with subtitles and all. it took ages! and i was using flaskmpeg and there would be lines through the mpeg..

but if u want to spend your time :) do as Alanoll and Raverod says.

doom9 I belive could be better. they've their own software done..

anyways u've to decide on "is it worth my time". it helps if u have 2 computer. cause when u're compressing u can't really use the computer :rolleyes:

also dvd decrypter when u first open it, only rips the main movie files so if u want extras u need to rip all of it by changing the options...