For those who spend hours perday infront of PC

roger04

Well if you use an LCD display there is no beta radiation being given off.

On modern CRTs the amount of beta and X radiation is extremely low, especially if your system is TCO95 compliant. Modern monitors are well shielded with lead, that's why they are so heavy.

It's nothing to worry about, you probally have more of a chance of being hit by a meteor than getting cancer from sitting in front of a CRT tube all day.

In fact the sitting in front of the PC all day bit is actually what is much more likely to kill you if get what I mean...

I havn't seen those screen filters in years! used to be used with really old monitors wiith bad refresh rates mostly.

I spend far too much time infront of my pc, i should buy a TFT might help my eyes a bit

I havn't seen those screen filters in years! used to be used with really old monitors wiith bad refresh rates mostly.

I spend far too much time infront of my pc, i should buy a TFT might help my eyes a bit

whats' the diff TFT and LCD? Isn't it the same? :)

• 2 weeks later...

welll.. ive been using comps forr... hmm... 3 years possibly.. 3 years? w00t.. is that all... :) and all i can recommend is that you dont use old bad monitors.. they ruin your eyes....

but yeah, no headaches (anymore :D )

:rolleyes:

i spend a lot of hours infront of a pc.. due to i study computers and i have a computing job.. also own a mobile fone.. but i dont get headaches, where glasses or anything.. and @ gamehead: dude, same here and im almost 19 :rolleyes: so thats like 15-16 years of pcs.. hail amstrad :)