Creating rules in Outlook 2003

dimegrind

I am a little confused with Outlook 2003.

I am use to using OE.

I have several accounts in OE and I did import them into O-2003.

My problem is setting up rules so that the emails go to there proper folders. If anyone has O-2003 you now that they have change the way you create rules. I want to make a several different rules. Three of them I want to set up so that To or CC of my email address goes to the right folder. In OE you would choose this then hit the link to add the email address that you wanted to filter and choose the proper folder. In O-2003 you do not have the liberty to add email addresses. Instead it say my name in the To and Cc. I use anlysis emails besides my root so I need to add those as well.

My other rules I want to set up to say if it is from email-x then go to this folder. I do not see an optoin that will allow my to do this.

Can anyone help me out? If not perhaps send me to another forum.

Thanks

Question.

I know in Outlook Express you can go in and transfer the .dbx files (which are the files that contain you email files). I am sure that Outlook would do the same, does anyone know where these files are kept and what they are called.

I plan on reformating my hdd and I want to back those files up.

here is a site that talks about Outlook Express files to give you a better understanding of what I am talking about.

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

You mean your email? Look here.

%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Outlook stores data in pst files. After you format and reinstall just import the pst file and all your previous email will be there. You can also export mail as a pst file which will also save all your email to a pst file that you can import at a later date.