Which Is Better?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Better?

• Grey
    • Blue

i would like to test , when available as beta

thanks

tuxman

There's no public betas available yet, but I think Cubie will let us know once one is available. You will need to wait for now :)

About a week to a beta if your lucky :rolleyes:

Chris.

looks nice, i hope it doesnt get so **** big.! and could, when the whole programm is ready, i be able to add some more !programs! which shall start, not windows version setups?!

thx

ciao

looks nice, i hope it doesnt get so **** big.! and could, when the whole programm is ready, i be able to add some more !programs! which shall start, not windows version setups?!

thx

ciao

Yes, in the tools menu. :)

Later,

Chis.

Public Beta should be ready around 11 today, GMT

Back to coursework for now,

Later

Hey everybody..

Today i decided that i would code wpeosi in vb.net - this is due to many things, but the main being that its faster and supports .png. To get wpeosi working on winpe, it will need the .net framework... Im working on how to get it in pe.. I used inctrl5 to generate a report of all the things the .net framework setup does when installing.. We can use this to add the same things to windows PE.

Click HERE to download view the report (I zipped because its nearly 3meg uncompressed - now its 300kb)..

EDIT: Maybe someone can make a .reg file for all the registry entrys it adds?

Lets sort this out!

Later,

Chris.

I was going to make something like this... but didn't get the time before uni started... looks cool :)

(Apart from the whole needing .NET thing...)

It's using GDIplus, which I used to do XPlode - so if you can get the wrapper working in VB (don't know if it's possible - I've been using C++), then use that instead. Trying to get .NET framework installed is probably going to be a REAL b***h.

What you should probably do is look at the other shells out and see what they use, ie. black box, geoshell, etc. That way you know prety much already what works and doesn't, so from there you can streamline your shell, and save yourself some trouble. Just my two cents.

From what I can gather, this isn't really a SHELL, but rather an installer...

I was planning on writing one using C++, with the option of creating a winnt.sif on the fly, formatting drives, and running winnt32.exe with the proper commandline parameters.

University came, and screwed up the idea. :)

I *think* that's what he's trying to do...

By shell, I meant things like GeoShell etc... things that control files/folders etc.

This is, by the look of it, a frontend for the other installers... *shrugs*

Don't know about helping, I'm more of a C++ guy, don't really know much VB... (nor do I want to :))

Maybe longhorn supports .NET on winpe... I saw there's a DOTNETPE.CAB on there... might be something to look at?

Thanks for the good idea with lh.

I have a idea to get all the needed registry files for the .net install:

1) Export All of your registry

2) Open it in WORD and replace [HKEY with [-HKEY

3) Save.

4) Open regedit

5) Import exported reg file

6) Install .net runtimes

7) Export the whole of the reg

8) Open the 1st reg file you exported and change [-HKEY back to [HKEY and import back in.

and then you should have a reg file with all the keys needed for the .net runtimes - this would work in theory but ive done it 2 times and had to format coz windows gets laggy and u can't do anything..

Also - is there a program that can scan thru an inctrl report and make all the keys a reg file - or is there another program like inctrl that can do this allredy?

Thanks alot,

Chris.

From what I can gather, this isn't really a SHELL, but rather an installer...

I was planning on writing one using C++, with the option of creating a winnt.sif on the fly, formatting drives, and running winnt32.exe with the proper commandline parameters.

University came, and screwed up the idea. :)

I *think* that's what he's trying to do...

If you were to make a winnt.sif on the fly where would it be stored and how would setup know to run it?!

Chris.