unattended: Sun Java 1.4.2_02 SDK Standard Edition

hajj_3

please can someone help me with the code for this, i need this SDK version as i do java programming at uni and cant just use the normal version, which has a topic on the pull-down-menu on the main page of this site.

the link for the file is:

http://192.18.97.53/ECom/EComTicketServlet...dows-i586-p.exe

its 50mb

i would appreciate it greatly if someone could help, i am trying to create my first unattended cd and would like this and .net framework 1.1 sdk installed by default.

i'm not sure if the switch works for sdk version, this is for jre version

echo
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SunJava\j2sdk-1_4_2_04-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1"

will add java to ie but not netscape...

so if i create a .cmd file for the code above and ran it in windows how would i tell if it worked or not ?

do you know how i could do the .net framework 1.1 sdk, do you know if there is an opk version like there is for direct x 9.0b ?

thanks for you ongoing help, much appreciated.

do you own the site, if you do it would be appreciated if you could change the main page links for the corporate versions of winrar 3.30, add a winzip 9 link, and add sdk versions for java and for .net framework.

i would be in your debt forever, i have having to install these programs and having to remove crappy windows messenger, msn explorer and all the other rubbish microsoft put on.

own which site?

the Unattended site? No he doesn't. It's MSFN :)

as for the corporate versions of WinRAR and WinZIP, that would be considered illegal/warez. Read the license and it says to NOT DISTRUBUTE. They could link to the eval versions but that's about it.

do you know if there is an opk version like there is for direct x 9.0b ?
it exists check the WWW under my name :rolleyes:
if you could change the main page links for the corporate versions of winrar 3.30, add a winzip 9 link, and add sdk versions for java and for .net framework.
what do u mean? just add links to direct download from those pages?
having to remove crappy windows messenger, msn explorer and all the other rubbish microsoft put on.

put appropiate entries in the winnt.sif so that they don't get installed, furthermore use jdeboeck's remove files to remove them.

http://jdeboeck.msfnhosting.com

as for owning no i don't own anything :)

The Applications section won't be updated with more new applications, it would be an impossible task to add every software in existance. Its provided as a starting point to know how it all works.

i didnt mean post links to warez i meant like the last moderator posted, there is a pull-down menu on this site with code to unattend some programs, i was hoping that code could be added for corporate versions of winrar, zip and sdk versions of java, direct x and .net framework, but the moderator said that he wont as explained in his post.

as for:

"do you know if there is an opk version like there is for direct x 9.0b ?

it exists check the WWW under my name "

i meant is there a opk version of .net framework 1.1, so i could do an unattended install of it, if so could someone post a link.

thanks

This may help. Its for the JRE version. Found it on java.sun.com somewhere, don't remember where..

Silent Installation

This section includes the following topics:

* Introduction

* Running InstallShield in Silent Mode: Installation

* Running InstallShield in Silent Mode: Uninstalling

* Creating a Log File

Notes

1. This chapter applies to 32-bit Windows and silent installation of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).

2. It is intended for:

* system administrators who want to deploy Java Plug-in and the JRE on multiple PCs in the Intranet environment without user interaction;

* companies with products that require the JRE, which they can silently install with their product.

3. In the various command line examples below a space appears between the /v and the quote ("); i.e., /v ". The space is required for 1.4.2_01 and higher releases that are installed by the "Windows Installation" method (aka "install from the web"). For "Windows Offline Installation" no space should appear. See Install Formats for more information about installation types.

Introduction

JavaTM 2 Platform Runtime Environment (JRE) installations are built using InstallShield Developer 7, which is based on Microsoft Window Installer. This product contains built-in support for silent or unattended installations. This document tells how to silently install the JRE. Refer to  http://support.installshield.com/ for complete information about silent installations.

Running InstallShield in Silent Mode: Installation

Here is the command line for installing in silent mode:

<jre>.exe /s /v "/qn [ADDLOCAL=jrecore[,extra][,other_US] | ALL] [iEXPLORER=1] [NETSCAPE6=1] [MOZILLA=1] [iNSTALLDIR=<drive>:\<install_path>] [REBOOT=Suppress] [JAVAUPDATE=0]"

where

<jre>.exe is the single executable installer for the Java Runtime Environment (JRE); ADDLOCAL, if used, is either jrecore[,extra][,other_US] or ALL; IEXPLORER=1, if used, indicates that the Plug-in should be registered with the Internet Explorer browser; NETSCAPE6=1, if used, indicates that the Plug-in should be registered with Netscape 6 or later browsers; MOZILLA=1 indicates that the Plug-in should be registered with Mozilla 1.1 and later browsers; INSTALLDIR, if used, specifies the drive and path of the installation; REBOOT=Suppress, if used, indicates that if locked files are encountered the computer should not be rebooted; and JAVAUPDATE=0, if used, indicates that the Java Update feature should be excluded from the installation.

If ADDLOCAL=jrecore[,extra][,other_US] is used,

jrecore indicates the core of the JRE will be installed;

extra (optional) indicates additional Fonts, Colors, and Soundbank will be installed;

other (optional) indicates locale-specific .jar files will be installed.

If ADDLOCAL=ALL is used, then all the features will be installed.

If ADDLOCAL is not used, then only the recommended features will be installed: jrecore will be installed; extra will not be installed; other will be installed only if l10n support, other than English, is installed.

If INSTALLDIR is not specified, the installation will go into C:\Program Files\java\j2re1.4.2 (default location).

Note

The command is case sensitive and there must be no spaces in the features listed with ADDLOCAL.

Examples

Suppose the JRE installer is j2re-1_4_2-bin-b18-windows-i586-05_mar_2003.exe; you want to install the JRE core and additional Fonts, Colors and Soundbank; and you want to register the Plug-in with Netscape 7 and Mozilla 1.3. Then the command would be:

j2re-1_4_2-bin-b18-windows-i586-05_mar_2003.exe /s /v "/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore,extra NETSCAPE=1 MOZILLA=1"

Or suppose you want all features to be installed; you only want to register the Plug-in with Internet Explorer; and you want the installation on the D drive at java\jre. Then the command line could be simply:

j2re-1_4_2-bin-b18-windows-i586-05_mar_2003.exe /s /v "/qn ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 INSTALLDIR=D:\java\jre"

You may find it convenient to use the "start /w" command, as that will cause MS-DOS to wait until the install is complete. For example:

start /w j2re-1_4_2-bin-b18-windows-i586-05_mar_2003.exe /s /v "/qn ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 INSTALLDIR=D:\java\jre"

Running InstallShield in Silent Mode: Uninstalling

This is the command line for uninstalling in silent mode:

<jre>.exe /s /v "/qn [REBOOT=Suppress]" /x

where <jre>.exe is the single executable installer for the JRE and REBOOT=Suppress, if used, indicates that if locked files are encountered the computer should not be rebooted.

Example

j2re-1_4_2-bin-b18-windows-i586-05_mar_2003.exe /s /v "/qn REBOOT=Suppress" /x

Creating a Log File

If you want to create a log file describing the installation, add /L C:\<path>setup.log to the command. Note that this comes within the quote marks (""). For example:

j2re-1_4_2-bin-b18-windows-i586-05_mar_2003.exe /s/v "/qn ADDLOCAL=ALL /L C:\<path>setup.log"

This will cause the log to be written to the setup.log file.

To verify if a silent installation succeeded, scroll to the end of the log file.