Cannot create a multiboot DVD

masteripper

Hi to everybody

I am very upset with this multiboot dvd creation thing

I want to dumb all my cd collection of OSes and replace them with a nice multiboot DVD but no luck whatever i do

I have tried the flyakite guide also the boot cd wizard and also the easyboot guide.NO LUCK

The best i did was to multiboot erd2003 and OOBlueCon and thats all folks Goodnight:( :rolleyes::D

I simply cannot get the *.dat to boot in cdshell .

I get a very nice view of the .dat file (very nice ) and a green progress like bar with a 8122c21e at the end and the END

If i press anything i get i nice reboot (very nice)

So what i do wrong

At first i admit i made some errors but through studying i believe right now i am doing the method correctly.

Any idea would be more than welcomed.

Please take a special note that i have 2 versions of every OS (English and Greek ) except of cource of the Servers.

And some a little history(Probably it could turn out a pretty good bedtime story).

I started with the flyakite guide : I prepared my OSes i tryed first to boot Bump! error

I read more i made the changes and guess Error! (the same)

I switched to easy Boot

I made a nice menu with all the bells and whistles i tried again error(What a coinincidence) ???

So i went to boot cd wizard

At first it was again error probably because there were some errors in the guide ??

In boot cd wizard i managed to boot erd2003 by loading straight "setupldr.bin" also this worked for OOBC with some changes

What a delight

I jumped up and down in livimg room(my wife was stating me ;"something is going wrong with him" ) but i was happy

So it was time to move to XP

Errors, errors nad so on.At last i modifies txtsetup and replaced all occurences of i386 with my boot folder.

It was booting yeah yeah and bump....

When it copied all the files in the virtual disk(Vmware) it asked for asms and it was searching either in i386 or A:

So i modified every file i could get and ofcourse nothing happened...

So i told my self lets go back to my roots.

Again to the flyakite guide(The older one)

For this last time i used a server OS (Win2k3 Web)

I said to myself i must be doing something wrong with My Greek versions)

SO on i go

I copied the cd to a nice folder 3WEB

I modified the DAT file(3WEB.dat) to point to a lovely WEB3 boot directory made all the changes to setupldr.bin and txtsetup.sif to point to 3WEB(that nice folder) and guess really guess this is dramatic moment...:) and ofcourse " a hole in the water" as we say here in Greece nothing...

That so nice Garbled view of the bootsector(3WEB.dat) came with all its glory and that adorable green progress like bar with "8122C21E" stuck left to it was again saying "NO WAY you can make a multiboot DVD just forget it buddy"

SO here is the point i need some help and i mean help

I include the output of my directory

So please drop a helping hand

Thanks in advance

directory.rar

In order to simple give the best possible information i am uploading my 3WEB.dat, setupldr.bin , a cut an paste of the LINE in txtsetup.sif and my bat of cdimage.

Please do not misjudge me for the uploads i a must say i am desperate :rolleyes: It is over a month i am trying to get this multiboot DVD to work and i am married :)(very very little time without the wife nagging)

Nice.rar

could you post a screenshot of the rror your getting?

I honestly have NO idea what the problem is. :)

in txtsetup.sif, do you replace all occurances or did you just change SetupSourcePath? All you need to do is edit SetupSourcePath.

In your DAT and BIN files, make sure you replace ALL occurances of I386 and replace with the folder name of your boot folder (you made in your first part of the guide for each OS). Also make sure all replacements are UPPERCASE.

Be sure to edit the files in your WEB3 folder and not in your Source folder.

setupldr.bin and txtsetup.sif to point to 3WEB(that nice folder)

txtsetup.sif should be pointing to 3WEB (if that's where you 2003 files are located. )

setupldr.bin should be pointing to WEB3 as that's your boot folder.

Well it might seems like a joke but it seems i have found the root of all evil.

In my case is Ultraedit and its Hex editing mode which seems to modify the boot sector.I am making tests right now.I'll get back asap.