Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6

jjn1056

the MSI method works.

i think the reason it wasnt working before is because setup.exe would finish, and load the msi, so when setup.exe finished, the next program would start. but now, using just the msi, it waits.

thanks!

• 1 month later...

Easy CD Creator gets installed, but I can't use Creator Classic. Disc copier is the only application that works. I'm installing it with this command:

ECDC6.msi /qr ADDLOCAL=ECDC6,CreatorApps REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S

I'm thinking I have to put in the serial number information in the registry. Or maybe I have to install something else that Creator Classic needs to work. Does anyone know the answer?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Installing Roxio 6 updates:

Engine_v6.2.0.134.exe ECDC_SILENT

Audio_v1.1.0.277.exe AC_SILENT

Creator_v6.2.0.111.exe ECDC_SILENT

Drgdsc_v6.2.0.110.exe D2D_SILENT

du20041203.exe ECDC_SILENT

Dvd_v1.2.0.111.exe DVD_SILENT

Label_v6.2.0.110.exe LC_SILENT

To get this information run the desired update, do not install just run it, go to 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP' or your corresponding temp folder, a directory is created 'tmpxx', where xx is a random number, inside is a single file named 'COPYFILE.INF'.

Open this file and you will find a section header corresponding to what is being updated i.e. [ECDC folowing by os specific sections, use this first section header and add _SILENT to it for your switch.

• 1 month later...

Is there anyway to strip some of the setup files for roxio 6 down? The Data.Cab itself is more then 500 Megs. I am sure there is stuff in there that can be deleted, especially since I do not even want to install all the apps that come with it. Anybody knows how to strip these files and make the setup smaller?