CPU Usage at 100%!? WHAT is going on!?

christopher

it makes it impossible to do anything! everything is so slow or doesn't freaking work at all.

i have maybe 35 processes running.. i never had this problem before! everytime i checked it before CPU Usage always lingers between 0%-2%!!!

:)

I don't see anything too suspicious. I have seen different versions of Mcafee cause problems like this, you might try disabling it temorarily and see if the problem goes away. Usually has to do with the On-Access scan and the background scanner.

Sorry, no other suggestions

I don't see anything too suspicious.  I have seen different versions of Mcafee cause problems like this, you might try disabling it temorarily and see if the problem goes away.  Usually has to do with the On-Access scan and the background scanner.

Sorry, no other suggestions

:). thanks for trying.

If u are desprate, here is what i recomend:

1) Boot the computer to your Windows XP cd.

2) Select the option "setup windows XP now".

3) Accept the EULA

4) Select the windows XP installation u want to fix fro mthe list, the press the R key.

WARNING!!!: If the R key is not an option, you will lose all info on your windows install.

5) After you press the R key, it will act like it is doing a clean install, but dont worry. After u reboot it will continu to install normally. But don't worry, all of your profiles and programs will remain intact. If u had updates to windows, u will need to run windows update.