XPlode 1.0.5

Wraith

XPlode 1.0.5

Download: http://xplode.voidfx.com/downloads/

Changes for 1.0.5:

• Moved the XML to unicode for localisation support.
  • Rewrote the XML parser
  • Changed file access method
  • Cleaned up redundant code

Changes for 1.0.4:

Documentation is essentially the same as 1.0.2 - all other changes have been commented in the example XML.

Specific changes are:

• config.strings.shortcut
  • items.item.shortcut
  • items.item.copy
  • items.item.move
  • items.item.delete
  • items.item.execute

Please use the bugtracker to report anything.

Notes:

• Try not to log in as a different user for a lot of applications - it is slower to start the program.
  • Do not use antialiasing when in GUIinstall mode - it will blur the text with the transparent colour - magenta.
  • Try not to use transparent colours for the same purpose.
  • For anyone that doesn't want to read the docs (a lot of you I'm sure), the colours are in the format #RRGGBBAA, #RRGGBB being the normal HTML-style colouring, and AA is the alpha transparency value.
  • When in GUI-install, set AA to either 00 or FF, depending on full transparency, or full opacity.

XPlode1.02-dev.jpg

XPlode-dev.jpg

I'll hopefully update the docs within the next few days. First week of uni is always hectic... :)

Just an update for the execute plugin - it should function as it did in 1.0.2 when not running under a different user context.

If you want to run as a different user, fully qualified paths must be used, and they MUST point to an executable.

So if you want to run a *.msi, the executable needs to be %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\msiexec.exe, and the arguments would be the msi file. It does NOT use file associations.

Thank Microsoft for not supporting the function for it in XP. And, to be honest, I'm too busy to write an equivalent.

Plugin for execute attached, will release a full 1.0.4 soon.

XPlodeExecute.xpd

extract from the logfile,

Before unicode it could not resolve the "ú" character.

As you can see it does now...Great job...

}
      Running command: 'filedelete' {
        Deleting file: 'd:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menú Inicio\Windows Catalog.lnk'
      }
        Deleting file: 'd:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menú Inicio\Asistente para transferencia de archivos y configuraciones.lnk'
      }
        Deleting file: 'd:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menú Inicio\Windows Update.lnk'
      }

attached some screenshot during install at guiruneonce.

post-86-1079694207_thumb.jpg

U are a fast worker Wraith!

I will try it later tonight, hope this goes better than v1.03/1.04 because those versions took me more than 45min to instaal extra if i compare it too v1.00.

I didn't got the time to test were it went wrong, but i am convinced that if there was a prob u have fixed it. :rolleyes:

Still very happy with altough :)

Will let u know if it works good for me now.

Sorry for the slow responce, i got caught up in a family party. :beer:

@Wrait/Alanoll

As i promised i have used the v1.05 and did a full unattend install.

Calling it from within my winnt.sif:

[GuiRunOnce]
   "%systemdrive%\Postinstall\XPlode\XPlode.exe /log:#Systemdrive#\XPlode.log"

But again it didn't work out the i think it's supposed to do..

Took like more than an hour to finish with the XPlode prog. I made an 1cd install on my second pc, and left office2k3 & Nav12k3 out because of space saving.

When i looked at the log file, which i lost, it says that it took only about 12/15 minutes to finish. uhhh? it was around an hour! Even the hotfixes took a few minutes each. Next thing to do was burn a new cd with the v1.00 and that install went so fast i couldn't even finish a cup of coffee.

Dunno what i do wrong or what's the problem, but i am very happy with the XPlode install that i'm willing do what it takes to help (me/you)

I attached my xml file so tell me please what u think of it or what is wrong.

Perhaps u can/will provide me an almost simulair one to test it again?

When i get the english version running i will provide u a screenie of a dutch language install :)

XPlode.rar

When i read ure comment i believe it means that u don't really know what can cause my problem?

Perhaps someone can provide a good working set of files with only the standard things in the xml file so that i can give that one a try and see what happens!?

edit:

I mean the 1.05 version