A good 2 CD alternative. For all you to CD Folks!

I am working on A method for 2 CD unattended. I am using a program called AutoRun Pro. Of course it let's you create a AutoRun CD, but you can apply swithces. So you can click on a install button and still have that particular program silently install. Using this method I am able to select certain Software on the disc or Choose to let it all install in RunOnceEx. Plus it looks very nice. It's not perfected yet, but I am real close. If I knew how to put a screen shot on here I would.. the code is simple enough. It's just your normal RunOnceEx from CD code. All that's needed on the Autorun CD is a Button that's linked to Your RunOnceEx.cmd file.. evrything else is elementary.

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

IF EXIST D:\CD.txt set CDROM=D:
IF EXIST E:\CD.txt set CDROM=E:
IF EXIST F:\CD.txt set CDROM=F:
IF EXIST G:\CD.txt set CDROM=G:
IF EXIST H:\CD.txt set CDROM=H:
IF EXIST I:\CD.txt set CDROM=I:
IF EXIST J:\CD.txt set CDROM=J:
IF EXIST K:\CD.txt set CDROM=K:
IF EXIST L:\CD.txt set CDROM=L:
IF EXIST M:\CD.txt set CDROM=M:

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing your Applications, Thanks!" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Copying CMDOW To System..." /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\cmdow.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\003 /VE /D "Preparing Installation..." /f
REG ADD %KEY%\003 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\prepare.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Zone Alarm Pro" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\ZoneAlarm4.5\zapSetup_45_538_001.exe /s /noreboot" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Norton SystemWorks 2004" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\NSW2004\NSWSETUP.EXE /qn /Reboot=REBOOT=ReallySuppress" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "WINZIP 9.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE /cleaninstall" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Reg\WinZip\winzip.reg

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "Winrar 3.0.3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\Winrar\wrar330.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "WinAmp 5.02" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\Winamp\winamp502_pro.exe /S /install=DSRFQA" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 2 /D "taskkill.exe /F /IM winamp.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 3 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Reg\winamp\winamp.reg

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "TweakXP 3.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\Tweak XP\txp3setup.exe /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /VE /D "StopZilla" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\StopZilla\STOPzilla_Setup.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "Nero Burning Rom Ver.6" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%/SILENT /NOREBOOT /SN=removed /WRITE_SN" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\045 /VE /D "Style XP" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\StyleXPv2.01\StyleXPv2.01Male.exe /S" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 2 /D "taskkill.exe /F /IM StyleXP.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "mIRC 6.14" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\Mirc\mirc614.exe /s" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D "Kazaa" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\Kazzaa\klitekpp243e.exe /silent" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\060 /VE /D "DietK for Kazaa" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\060 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\Kazzaa\dk26inst.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\060 /V 2 /D "taskkill.exe /F /IM Dietk.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /VE /D "Cleaning Up and Rebooting" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\cleanup.cmd" /f

EXIT

I am still working on the code, as you see it has errors. If you see any switches that are wrong please let me know. I am getting it though. If I could get some help with it, that would be great.. I need to change it so that it will copy cmdow to system32 before running the rest of the code and I would like for it to shutdown on it's own when the Install all button is pushed.. If anyone could tell me how to put a screen shot on here I will show you all what it looks like.. I think it will be great when I finish...

ok open up what you want a pic of press the print screen key while holding down ALT and you will only get a screen of the open window, now open up paint and paste the picture into that, save the file as a jpeg and then post a reply to this topic and above the submit post button there is a browse button click that browse to where you saved the file, now simple submit your post and your done.

it sounds really cool idea :)

Well the idea is that you put the cd in and it auto plays, you can set it up anyway you want to. It doesn't need to be called from cmdlines txt.. it will work on any computer. If a friend of mine had computer and he wants the apps that are on the disk, all he has to do is click on install all. It could alternatively be set up to run RunOnceEx upon inserting the CD... it's unattended because you can use switches for silent install... It's not unattended per say if you don't want to remove and insert a CD after Windows is installed... But it is going to work for.. Check the Screen shot...

post-70-1079368650_thumb.jpg

The only drawback that I have found with this one is that you can't tell the cd to install let's say, Norton, ZoneAlarm, and Stopzilla all in one bang.. It would be nice to be able to do this.. Just don't know how.. It's either all, or you click and install each one.. Any Ideas...

I'm working on something similar. A first version should be ready tomorrow.

The idea is to have each application in its own folder with an info file which contains the application description, several command lines for the setup and a default install /don't install switch.

My app then recurses these folders for the info file and builds a selection menu.

When given a countdown parameter it installs all selected apps unattended.

This way you can add and delete certains apps by just moving their folder.

The only drawback that I have found with this one is that you can't tell the cd to install let's say, Norton, ZoneAlarm, and Stopzilla all in one bang.. It would be nice to be able to do this.. Just don't know how.. It's either all, or you click and install each one.. Any Ideas...

yea i know norton stuff

its always complete, u can modify the msi a bit and get rid of some functions

I had done it in system works and nav....

@Mrclasik You could probably solve you problem by adding check boxes for selecting which apps you want installed. Instead of the big graphic move your selections to that area and give them check boxes......Have a check box that will allow you to select all. have only one button that is install and it will install your selected apps. Might help you out there.

I hear what you are saying, but There would have to be more to it than that. I don't know how to script that to happen.. I could put a place for a check mark all over the place, but it wouldn't do anything. There would have to be some instruction with those check marks..