What was the LATEST movie you saw?

Dude111

I last saw JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH - 1959

Excellent movie!!!!!

I saw it in the trash pile @ Goodwill yesterday (If stuff doesnt move fast enough they dump it.. (I still paid for it))

Im surprised there wasnt a thread like this here already. (I did search cause I dont like to repost if a thread is here already)

Edited by Dude111

"Shaka Zulu" !!!!!!!!!

Go see it now, my most favorite line ever, in that film when King Shaka asked the leader of the swallows about the story about monkey and the goard. Then their was the "Cannon Fodder" scene. Of course is the comparison between Shaka, Georgie IV??, and Queen Elizibeth the First. I know this movie took advantage of the pro-Africanization period of the world but that film is so auwsome. It is so easy to compare yourself to these characters. College proffessors could name a billion examples, and write a billion papers using Shaka Zula, as an example. Another thing to note, is that Georgie is used in various comics, animations, and other fiction as well. The backdrop of the Governours mansion is also immitated in various X-rated works. "Come Ladies"...... The actor died recently who played Shaka at 58?? Chained to a hospital bed, because of his senile behaviour.

Edited by ROTS

ZEITGEIST: MOVING FORWARD | 2011
Zeitgeist: Moving Forward is a feature length documentary work which will present a case for a needed transition out of the current socioeconomic monetary paradigm which governs the entire world society. This subject matter will transcend the issues of cultural relativism and traditional ideology and move to relate the core, empirical "life ground" attributes of human and social survival, extrapolating those immutable natural laws into a new sustainable social paradigm called a "Resource-Based Economy".

Info:
http://www.zeitgeistmovingforward.com
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Edited by e-t-c

Well I finally saw Dark Shadows a couple of days ago. Probably give it a C or C+ at most. The sets, filming and effects were pretty good, and Alice Cooper was a nice surprise. But plot and casting were highly forgettable ( Michelle Pfeiffer as Elizabeth! :thumbdown ) even though Burton and Depp were as tight as ever. Having seen the originals as they aired I'll admit it's tough to meet my own expectations, and I would think that Burton is also an original fan judging by all his work. You would think the guy behind Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, Scissorhands and Sleepy Hollow would get it right since they were practically prototypes or practice runs for this one. But I guess the script was just not fixable behind the camera. Oh well.

Sorry to hear that Riddick was bad. I had high hopes for a sequel because I thought the second one ( Chronicles of ... ) was a surprisingly good piece of science fiction. It was solid and highly original and filmed pretty well. A definite B+ or A-.

Awaiting the next Resident Evil. Actually I haven't seen the 5th one yet from last year, and I hear they are already making the 6th.

Sorry to hear that Riddick was bad. I had high hopes for a sequel because I thought the second one ( Chronicles of ... ) was a surprisingly good piece of science fiction.

same, so many years of waiting where they wasted time for Fast'n Furious (stupid) sequels

to get this dissapointing crap ... its sad

Sorry to hear that Riddick was bad. I had high hopes for a sequel because I thought the second one ( Chronicles of ... ) was a surprisingly good piece of science fiction.

same, so many years of waiting where they wasted time for Fast'n Furious (stupid) sequels

to get this dissapointing crap ... its sad

Yep. I think Vin Diesel keeps blowing it.

For example I thought XXX was pretty slick, an updated modern Bond and would have made a great trilogy of action flicks, but he inexplicably bailed on the sequel which turned out ridiculous. I guess that babysitter comedy thing was more important to him. The 1st and 2nd Fast & Furious were okay but after that they got tedious IMHO. They must be big in Japan to keep churning them out.

The worse part about the final Riddick is that I saw him talking about it specifically as a gift to the fans who were asking for it. That sets high expectations indeed.