Office XP Sp3 Error

My XP DVD worked great installing officexp, publisher, and the media content with no problems until I slipstreamed sp3 into my administrative install.

This is the part I can't figure out. I copied over the exact same OfficeXPsp3/publisher/media content over to our network drive so we could install OfficeXP sp3 here at work, and when you run the exact same batch file (code is exact, but file path names are different of course) I have on my XPdvd it works great. But when I run the same batch file on my xpdvd during install, it doesn't work. It doesn't even install office.

I checked event viewer after xp had rebooted and this is an error I got...

Event Log

Type: Error

User: N/A

Source: MsInstaller

Category: None

Event ID: 11931

Product: WebFldrs XP - Error 1931. The Windows Installer service cannot update the system file c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web server extensions\40\bin\fp4autl.dll because the file is protected by Windows. You may need to update your operating system for this program to work correctly. Package version 4.0.2.6513, OS Protected Version: 0.0.0.0

I checked the M$ support website and this exact error was reported but only on installing to a server wtih front page extensions like win2k or win2k3, but this is winxp.... so obviously it's a file sharing problem (I think) and office is trying to write to, or replace this file, but windows won't let it.

And remember the only thing that has changed is that I upgraded to sp3. Sp2 worked fine.

any ideas???

Thx