D865GLC

earlytv

Still going thru boards and cases I have. The d865glc seems to be from a gateway e4100?

Went to gateway site and all drivers were for win 2000 and up except for chipset drivers, win 98 and up. Went to intel site which says 98se drivers but they do not work? Chipset closes because it can not find some dll, inf, ect, so I used chipset from gateway site. Lan says it installs but no Lan, had to go back and use just the pro100 section from that driver to update driver.Graphics says it works but no it does not, it just leaves a green blob upper left and no screen? For graphics, when it ask fo restart now or later I clicked later to see if anything had installed. It let me take system from 640x480 16 color to 1024x768 256 color and then I did restart. Now after restart it let me pick 1024x768 16bit color. Usb driver says install but then can not restart or turn system off, it sticks at a windows shut down screen, so I had to uninstall that so I could shut system off? Sound says install but does not, no sound?

HEEELP. ANYONE HAVE WIN 98SE DRIVERS FOR THIS D865GLC BOARD?

The Linux Browser I have used works fine on system, gets on line, good graphics, sound good played music from Vtuner site, usb good sees usb stick I pluged in, so I know the board can work. I need drivers for 98se please.

Edited by earlytv

Well the drivers are on Intel's website. I would not use their installers except for the chipset. For the other ones, I'd extract those packages with Winrar or 7zip and do the update drivers manually from Device Manager.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=Intel%20Desktop%20Board%20d865GLC

You may need a BIOS update. They have a ton. I would look at the versions above the one you currently have, and look at the Release Notes to see if there are any Win9x specific fixes, or fixes for problems you may have encountered.

Well the drivers are on Intel's website. I would not use their installers except for the chipset. For the other ones, I'd extract those packages with Winrar or 7zip and do the update drivers manually from Device Manager.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=Intel%20Desktop%20Board%20d865GLC

You may need a BIOS update. They have a ton. I would look at the versions above the one you currently have, and look at the Release Notes to see if there are any Win9x specific fixes, or fixes for problems you may have encountered.

Because this is a GATEWAY board do I have to stay with a gateway bios? I would really hate to put in a intel bios and mess up, kill, the board? I have done (do the update drivers manually from Device Manager) with the lan chip but the next problem is the sound chip does not show with the Device Manager. I can not even find what the sound chip is?

Edited by earlytv

Ah well I would stick with Gateway BIOS.

Sure. Me, too. A BIOS for a different board, particularly if from a different manufacturer, is almost guaranteed to kill your motherboard.

There can be a few exceptions, but the odds are so against success that's not worth trying it at all, IMO.

The sound is now working. I had all kinds of sound drivers, some win 2k? I just tried them all one at a time untill one worked?

It would not somehow used a win 2k one would it?

Just usb left. On all my other 98se systems the usb driver shows as a unoffical usb driver? Where can I find that?

Unit, all of it, is working, that makes 4 out of 5 different systems with win98se now. Last one needs 10 caps replaced, bulge at top.

EDIT

UHHHHHHHH. My 1st sys , one in the case icon to left shows, is dead. MY 1st and best UHHHHHHH.

Edited by earlytv