Shell32 Details Pane Mod for Windows 8.1 Only!

MrGRiM

Shell32 Details Pane Mod for Windows 8.1

mfc3nd7m8rrmcuufg.jpg

Simple installer to bring back the Details Pane, it contains 4 Respatcher files that will patch your shell32.dll UI files to bring back the Windows 7 style Details pane at the bottom, it also has options to have the details pane at the top, also know as Topshell and it can put the Folderband at the bottom.

Note: To view the Folder band you will need to disable the ribbon.

The installer should take about 10 seconds to patch the shell32.dll and then it will ask you to do a restart to complete the changes.

There is also the option to have themeable Control Panel Navigation Panes, this option requires you are using one of my themes that contains these extra images in the msstyles.

Updateed to v1.6
New safety options to check the shell32.dll has still got the Digital Signature in Properties and if not you can restore the shell32.dll instead of rebooting and getting a blue screen.
Patching success rate is also 100% better now.
Tested on Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center.

This mod has now become obsolete please use OldNewExplorer instead, it's much safer and doesn't alter any system files http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-make-your-81-explorer-work-like-win78-one/

Very Important!! Always Create a Backup or System Restore before making changes to System Files.

This is still an experimental mod and you use it at your own risk, please do not complain to me if it does not work or causes damage to your Operating System

Edited by MrGRiM

What about 8.1 Enterprise?

It may or may not work at all on any version, best to set up a VM and test it, I still don't have a 100% success rate at applying this patch, it only works when the digital signature is not removed from the shell32.dll and this doesn't seem to always work, to be honest I am not sure how it manages to keep the digital signature at all, but on 8.1 this is required or it will blue screen.

Updateed to v1.6

New safety options to check the shell32.dll has still got the Digital Signature in Properties and if not you can restore the shell32.dll instead of rebooting and getting a blue screen.

Patching success rate is also 100% better now.

Tested on Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center.

Download form Mediafire here http://www.mediafire.com/download/r5q7vdp85ka59yg/Shell32_Patch_Setup_v1.6.exe

If you look above his download link it reads "Tested on Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Media Center". The shell for enterprise is different file size DP

I know, I read that :) That is why I tested it on 8.1 Enterprise x64 to let him know that the digital signature says not valid so he can develop a patch for Enterprise too if he wants :)

Edited by xpclient

Dunno what went wrong the first time I tried it but now it works. Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise also boots fine with the patch. And the Details pane is at the bottom. Until the next Micros~hit patch comes along to break it. Thank you MrGRiM !! :thumbup