Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

Hello Big, thank you for your awesome work! I've just donated 3€ :)

Anyway, I'm not able to reach the classic colorization window in control panel... I searched but didn't get it... :huh:

If I donate will it enable the automatic symbol downloading? Or is that exclusive to people who donated during testing?

The first you said. If you donate at least 3€ you will be able to get automatic symbols downloading.

I noticed that if you use the installer there is no symsrv.yes file, is this file still needed, you have included it with the manual install files?

Also I noticed the dwmglass.dll size is different to the original ones you gave to donators, the new one is 708KB and the old one was 700KB are you sure there is no difference we need to care about?

Only installer has changed to apply some ideas from testers (and I hope I didn't forget for anything :-))

I've suggested BM to check the SecureBoot state and display a warning that Aero doesn't work when SecureBoot is enabled because AppInit is disabled:

AppInit_DLLs in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2853424/en-us

Currently, the only resolution is to disable secure boot on the system where an application is attempting to utilize AppInit_DLLs mechanism.

Did you generate your key at http://glass8.berlios.de/donate.html ?

Maybe I donated too early, the donate link on the main page just took me straight to PayPal with no intermediate page. The page also said that 0.95 was the latest version. :D Also, because of that I also didn't know you had to enter a ZIP code, so I don't have a ZIP code to enter in the form and it can't find me in the database.

But seeing that solving this is probably going to be too hard, I'll just donate an extra €3 seeing as that's the minimum (and I already donated). Who cares, right? :)

EDIT: So I just did that, and it still won't work. Now I'm not really amused any more. Does your database script consider the possibility of multiple donations from the same PayPal email? I'm not a fan of DRM, and even less so when it breaks catastrophically.

Edited by mufunyo

Hello Big, thank you for your awesome work! I've just donated 3€ :)

Anyway, I'm not able to reach the classic colorization window in control panel... I searched but didn't get it... :huh:

Someone could help me?

donation request - my understanding is/was that it popped up on first run - once - not a popup that repeated over time - my computer is never switched off - only time is for a reset if something requests it - so whilst working this morning the donation popup has flagged up - last power up was yesterday when i saw popup which was expected

ok i can contribute to get rid of it and will when i sort out paypal - but why did i see the popup - it was an over install from .95 - am i doing something wrong??

donation request - my understanding is/was that it popped up on first run - once - not a popup that repeated over time - my computer is never switched off - only time is for a reset if something requests it - so whilst working this morning the donation popup has flagged up - last power up was yesterday when i saw popup which was expected

ok i can contribute to get rid of it and will when i sort out paypal - but why did i see the popup - it was an over install from .95 - am i doing something wrong??

The free final version has donation pop ups, not demo message boxes.

The free final version has donation pop ups, not demo message boxes.

this is from the website

if you don't want to donate, you can still use Aero Glass library without any constrains - application will just ask you to donate several minutes after execution.

that pretty clear - it shows popup box several minutes after execution - it did that for me last night after a restart - it then showed the box again some 18 hours later - the machine had not been turned off or reset in that time - so is it once after execution or an ongoing nag for a donation