Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

Bigmuscle (or anyone at all...), could you answer my question?

I can't get the custom theme resource working... I'm trying to add glow effect around windows titles, but it's not working!

I created the string in regedit under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM and named it CustomThemeResource with the string value of: "C:\AeroGlass\win8rtmglow.png" (yes, with quotation marks)...

debug.log contains message "Failed to load custom theme file" which should display error code of theme resource loading - you can then find a explanation of error code here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681381(v=vs.85).aspx

I don't see anything like that in the log. Just that the license.key has been loaded.

Does the "bypass theme signature" need to enabled?

Did you do it via link at glass8.berlios.de/donate.html ? Could you provide a screenshot of error?

I just tried to make a donation, but I keep getting this error "Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again."

Hi bigmuscle,

Will the 8.1 version work on 32 bit please? I see you only an alpha 64 bit to try.

Has anyone tried it on a 32 bit. Will it work at all in any way?

Do you need a tester to try it on 32 bit v8.1?

Just an estimate if you would please, when do you guesstimate that you will have it ready for Windows 8.1

Thank you

PS, Nice Job btw, it looks nice, and I can't wait !

Edited by endeavor

I removed UXStyleCore (I always forget the full name) which turned out to be the cause of the problem I was having a while back.

I see that we need an image to use custom themes through AeroGlass, is there a way to get the images for existing custom themes like snowy v3.0?

Edited by hello2u

I removed UXStyleCore (I always forget the full name) which turned out to be the cause of the problem I was having a while back.

I see that we need an image to use custom themes through AeroGlass, is there a way to get the images for existing custom themes like snowy v3.0?

The image you are refering to is Custom Theme Resource. If you want to use Custom themes instead like you had with UxStyle, you can enable the BypassThemeSignature feature in Aero Glass utility.

Go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM in regedit, create a new DWORD key named BypassThemeSignature and set it to 1(0 to disable). After a restart you can use custom themes on your Windows 8.1.

The image you are refering to is Custom Theme Resource. If you want to use Custom themes instead like you had with UxStyle, you can enable the BypassThemeSignature feature in Aero Glass utility.

Go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM in regedit, create a new DWORD key named BypassThemeSignature and set it to 1(0 to disable). After a restart you can use custom themes on your Windows 8.1.

ok, thanks!

Bigmuscle, I still cannot remove the banner, i have the license key, and what to do next? thank you so much

Made my donation $ :angel $, Bigmuscle Thank you for the release and hoping to see version for 8.1 soon, was a bit confused by wtf is machine code, I guess its generated by the AeroGlass app (im on Win7 machine at the moment so no need to download it) but will give it a try soon. thanks again.

Maybe it would be a good idea to mention on the site donation page where to get the Machine code.

Thanks again.

Yes, it is true that I should add some more information about it. I just expected that no-one don't want to donate before trying Aero Glass first - it shows the messagebox with machine code then (+ it is written into debug log).

1.Plz, answer - if i change my CPU (just thinking about upgrade) and maybe videocard, i will need new license file? I donate 3 and i don't want to use 2nd license for 1 computer.

2.On the site you wrote "As a bonus, all donators automatically gets an unlimited access to any beta of upcoming versions and to any possible secret features." in donation page. What secret features do you mean? Is there are any already exists?

3.I think it must be additional function in control panel or some kind of gui etc. to change inactive border color. I change him by AGTweaker and now it don't changes when i change color. Even in autocolor mode it's the same. It is passible to make inactive color automatically change with active when autocolor selected?

1) yes, if you upgrade HW, you will need new license file - that's the reason why everyone gets possibility to generate two license files.

2) currently, only automatic symbols downloading in the case that Windows update breaks something.

3) inactive border color is normally generated from active border color. If you change it, it will use your color regardless the colorization settings. You should revert AGTweaker changes back to defaults to make your Aero Glass work correctly.

where you see the machine code to donate?. thanks

It's either in donate request message box or written in debug.log (which is in the folder where you've installed Aero Glass to)
i am sorry, i still don't get it how to write into debug.log? how can i apply my license.key is there any step by step instruction? thank soooo much!

I also tried to make a donation via PayPal at this link glass8.berlios.de/donate.html, but I keep getting the error "Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again."

What am I doing wrong?

Can you help me?

Regards, Roza

post-382579-0-66391000-1381374537_thumb.

Edited by Roza