Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

On my Ultrabook running  'Windows 8.1 Update' Aero Glass 1.2.5 is flawless and so beautiful that I wonder whether a future version might introduce the option — if technically feasible — to retain Glass on battery.

Check the guide for description on how to set DisableGlassOnBattery correctly to retain Glass while on battery.

Cheers and Regards

atitlan: I know what you mean. However, I'm afraid that this problem is caused by some 3rd party application which sets your taskbar to be layered window. Layered windows are handled differently than normal windows and thus occlusion info is not stored for them so blur effect (or its glass safety zone) cannot be rendered correctly, at least I have not found a way to do it. More interesting is that the same bug appears in original Aero Glass implementation in Windows 7 and Windows 8 RP too, so engineers from Microsoft do not know the solution either.

Hi aero glass is working awesomely on my comp,laptop and girlfriends laptop. Its been running smoothly on my sisters too however he other day on startup it just kept popping up with a dwm error box making it impossible to log in.i had to use safe mode uninstall and then restart normally and reinstall.then it started fine. Now another computer i have installed it on is doing the same.

Any ideas? Also i saw in your first post something about having to have a small app always running so glass is injected automatically.when installing i just run the exe ans follow the instructions and thats it right? Thats all iv3 done on all the computers ive used it on

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. How would i do that though?because the only way i could log in was to boot in safe mode which made glass not run then uninstall and boot normally without glass.then reinstall.would i just get a log of the reinstalled version?

This should not normally happen. Even when there is incompatibility issue then you should be able to login, so please check your Aero Glass folder for debug.log and for possible minidump files. These files should not be removed on uninstallation so they should still be there unless you deleted them manually, otherwise you need to reinstall and try again.

Ok thanks.will reinstalling have deleted those files from the non working installation though?also its not an issue for me as i have said but for my sister and also somebody elses computer who i dont have access to so when it breaks he cant use his laptop until he can give it to me to fix

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I've come to inquire about this error I got while installing Aero 8 last time. Last time I had installed it, it gave me an error about my DWM not being compatible. I do not know if I installed the 8.1 version on accident, or what, but here is my DWM version as of now. I don't know if this is the most recent, most compatible, etc. A friend of mine also has the same version and his Aero 8 worked flawlessly. Could someone perhaps give me a bit of assistance as to what exactly is going on here?

EDIT: I actually restored my computer completely, or "Refreshed" it because that is what the option was, and I manually deleted my DWM folder I had made and all its contents. So I cannot access my debug log. I don't know if this is good, or bad. I am also having the same problem that JohnnieDyer is having.

EDIT: Here is my Debug.log it was 3 mb so I couldn't use paste bin. I don't know what is happening, I just want Aero to work. http://www.mediafire.com/view/ukuawvzmu190vg9/debug.log

RENcd3I.png

Edited by HydroHusky

Your debug.log is not accessible, so I cannot check for real problem. However, DWM incompatibility message simply means that your DWM is not compatible with included functions patterns. I'm not going to maintain new versions just for specific DWM versions on Windows 8.0, because it has no sense. For this reason, you must download symbol files for your DWM version.

Your debug.log is not accessible, so I cannot check for real problem. However, DWM incompatibility message simply means that your DWM is not compatible with included functions patterns. I'm not going to maintain new versions just for specific DWM versions on Windows 8.0, because it has no sense. For this reason, you must download symbol files for your DWM version.

Sorry about that. I didn't realize I used the wrong link. Here is the correct one. ( I fixed it. I dislike mediafire now. -.-)

Anyway; How would I download these "symbol files"?

http://www.dropbox.com/s/phsgslvc5uyuwzm/debug%20%281%29.log

Edited by HydroHusky

I've searched the forum, so feel sort of ok asking about this.

before the update to Win 8.1, I was able to adjust the corners of the windows in the registry with the DWORD "RoundRectRadius".  Since Win 8.1 and AeroGlass 1.2.5, it's no longer functioning.  It's the only thing not the same since the update. Has the language for the setting changed, or is it just a glitch/bug that I can't do it any longer?

thanks!