Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

I would be curious how you do that in 8.1. About sarcasm, if anybody ever does or has done it to you, in my opinion you deserve your fate. The product is great indeed. Enjoy it, and yourselves

@alyosa2001, I don't mean any offense to you or mean to be sarcastic, and I'm sure that bigmuscle din't mean for you to take it that way either.

Can anyone please tell me a method to disable transparency on windows borders? Thank you

When you asked that, big muscle's response was exactly what my first response was as well.

You should uninstall Aero Glass in such case.

No, it was meant seriously just because I don't see any reason to install application which makes your borders transparent if you don't want to transparency ;-)

That was my thought as well. If you didn't want transparency in the windows borders, what did you want to use Aero Glass for? What other feature did Aero Glass provide that you found attractive without the transparency? Or did you mean you just didn't want it to be totally clear, but you wanted it to be opaque? If that is the case:

But on the other side, check the http://glass8.berlios.de/guide.html, I believe you find the settings which allow you to set the amount of the transparency.

Was that what you meant? If not, could you please clarify exactly what you were looking for?  I'm very curious.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

I followed your advice. I hope at least you will find good use for your donated money, one would be to buy some manners. And just for fun, I hope somebody finds a crack to your software. Thank you for a nice experience anyway

I am sorry if my answer was not what you expected. But look, the main goal and intention of my Aero Glass utility is to return the transparency effect on glass regions. So what do you think that answer should be when someone asks how to disable transparency effect? Or... will you open the door if you want to have door closed? Next time, you should rather specify what you want to reach.

will you open the door if you want to have door closed?

Sometimes I want the door closed, but other times I'd like to have them open.

It's not very practical to remove the doors completely only to install them back just a few moments after.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

Can someone tell me wich adress I can make a donation to Bigmuscle?

Thanks

I'll let him answer you.  The donation button has vanished from his download page.   It would appear something is changing here regarding website addresses.

Hello everybody,

Can someone tell me wich adress I can make a donation to Bigmuscle?

Thanks

I'll let him answer you.  The donation button has vanished from his download page.   It would appear something is changing here regarding website addresses.

Hey uhm... I have a question.. I donated and all.. But the webpage isn't up at all? .--. How do I get Glass8 working without his webpage...?

Apparently, as stated earlier, BigMuscle's website is undergoing a move of some sort so things wont be back to normalo until that's over, when I don't know.

Do you know where I can get a copy of aeroglass in the meantime.  Had to reinstall my system and really miss aeroglass.

So.. I always get the error 

[2014-06-09 22:07:45][0x240:0x988] Aero Glass for Win8.1 v1.2.5 x64 correctly loaded (C:\AeroGlass\dwmglass.dll).[2014-06-09 22:07:45][0x240:0x9B4] dwmcore.dll version 6.3.9600.16384[2014-06-09 22:07:45][0x240:0x9B4] udwm.dll version 6.3.9600.16384[2014-06-09 22:07:45][0x240:0x9B4] DWM incompatibility error 0x80

I tried Google but I could not find any suitable advice..

Also I'd love to donate since the message is so **** annoying but I guess I have to wait until the site is back up somewhere.

So my questions:

Does anyone know what could cause above error?

Is 1.2.5 the most recent Version for Win8.1x64?

Edited by raw_raw

Re: 2x Windows 8 Pro MC x64 w/Aero Glass 1.3
      Radeon HD 6670 / Catalyst 14.4
      Radeon HD 7850 / Catalyst 14.4

'Windows 8.1 Update' w/Aero Glass 1.2.5
      Intel HD 4000

Related software on all 3 systems: True Launch Bar Beta 6.6.4 set for compatibility with Aero Glass and Classic Shell / Classic Menu with 'Disable Taskbar Transparency' disabled.

Since I am new to Aero Glass for Windows 8 as well as this Forum, I would first like to say how impressed and grateful I am that 'bigmuscle' has succeeded in restoring the glass effect to the windows of Windows 8+. Acquiring licenses for my three systems was happily very straightforward.

On my Ultrabook running  'Windows 8.1 Update' Aero Glass 1.2.5 is flawless and so beautiful that I wonder whether a future version might introduce the option — if technically feasible — to retain Glass on battery.

Aero Glass 1.3 on Windows 8 does its job, but not flawlessly. There is an intermittant but serious rendering defect in which horizontal black or dark stripes run across the transparency field (title bars and the Taskbar). The windows remain stable and their contents are not affected. On both my Desktop systems the banding appears randomly — at least I cannot connect their appearance with any Windows process or application operation.

I think of these banding events as animated Zebra stripes, except the stripes are not curvy but perfectly straight. Moving the window or re-hiding the Taskbar (all my Taskbars are vertically arrayed, set to Auto-hide) is sufficient to clear the distortion.

I have tried to do screen captures of this effect but the capture process itself corrects the misrendering. So I  have produced a drawing that indicates what the event looks like, except the stripes shown are of course static whereas they 'jitter' along during their brief emergence.

Suggestions and help most welcome ~ Hans-Peter

post-394181-0-27103400-1402967767_thumb.