Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

Donation worked like a charm. Thanks fp4 for the link. Thanks bigmuscle for your excellent piece of work. It just looks stunning and makes windows 8 a much more pleasant experience.

I seem to have to end dwm.exe when I first boot up after shutdown to get it to load my CustomThemeAtlas properly.

Win 8 x64, fully up to date. Permissions are set to allow Everyone to access it and the file is located under C:\AeroGlass. Nothing shows up in the debug.log about it, just the donation log messages.

Also Windows Explorer windows don't seem to get the text 'glow/blur' but everything else seems to.

Edited by fp4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought this as soon as I got 8.1

Likeing it a lot so far, but I am wondering:

How do I chack which version I am on and how do I install updates?

How do I get AeroGlass to stop making minidump files in its directory? Its an SSD, and its hogging all my space.

It would also help to know where to submit them or maybe an automated system for this...

Edited by Computron

I just found out about the new version so I uninstalled the old one, then downloaded and reinstalled the new one. Now, every time I try to change the colour of the windows borders and taskbar, I get a "There was a problem while loading a pre-set colour" error. I can't get attached screenshot to appear anymore.

color.jpg

How do I fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for last version!

Stripes is good! But in Windows 7 when we move mouse to bottom right conor all opend windows becames transparent and we can see desktop through them and they are all with stripes too - effect of full transparent glass with reflection. It's possible to make this in Win8?

Aero8 has this effect. It's definitely theme thing like BM pointed out.

Yes, it have, i using it, but stripes from theme and stripes from AeroGlass tool by BM differs from each other. I just thinking about theme without stripes to enable them from BM tool.

Oh I know what you mean, but I'm sure it's just a image being overlayed on the windows.

Just checked in WSB. It's indeed image. You'd need to edit it to make it looks same way.

http://i.imgur.com/MEUKJij.png?1

Thanks! I make for myself style without stripes on windows and taskbar, but have in aero peek effect. Only 1 thing - when window mazimized, aero peek effect is not visible... Can you help with it?

And how change color of titles of windows with help of WSB?

P.S. I don't understand how Windows 7 realized aero peek effect? I open aero.msstyles from Windows 7 through WSB, but there is no background image with stripes in place from your screenshot.

Does the thing you are doing help to have blur on the taskbar with Windows 8.1 ?

• 3 weeks later...

? That was a bit ironic I think. Anyway I would like the windows and the rounded corners and the custom themes, but with an option to turn on or off the opacity. If that's too big effort just let it be then, you have no obligations anyway

No, it was meant seriously just because I don't see any reason to install application which makes your borders transparent if you don't want to transparency ;-) But on the other side, check the http://glass8.berlios.de/guide.html, I believe you find the settings which allow you to set the amount of the transparency.

I followed your advice. I hope at least you will find good use for your donated money, one would be to buy some manners. And just for fun, I hope somebody finds a crack to your software. Thank you for a nice experience anyway

Big Muscle has had to answer a lot of questions, that he simple should not have had to if people would just read instructions thoroughly, in IMHO I feel some people deserve the seemingly sarcastic, or strict to the point answers they get...Thanks Big Muscle for a fine product..Works Great!