Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

Hello bigmuscle. Can you clarify the situation regarding donations please? Because I think there's still a lot of confusion among new users.

Currently, your web site suggests that a registration key can be supplied - BUT - only to customers who already registered with you in the past. To new users, this gives the impression that there's no point in donating because they still won't be given a registration key for getting rid of the popup etc. Is that a correct assessment of the situation?

unsolved - empty debug.log, donation pop-up, correct key in aeroglass folder, glass8 working!

I'm afraid that I cannot help you in this situation, because it seems that the problem lies far away from scope of Aero Glass.

You certainly could help me disable the donation request pop-up since I have donated and have the correct key in the aeroglass folder.

Edited by ap1756

Hmm.. It's not fair, if we can't donate, we shouldn't get all those pop-ups and text on the desktop..

You are right. If you can't donate, you should not get Aero Glass at all.

unsolved - empty debug.log, donation pop-up, correct key in aeroglass folder, glass8 working!

I'm afraid that I cannot help you in this situation, because it seems that the problem lies far away from scope of Aero Glass.
You certainly could help me disable the donation request pop-up since I have donated and have the correct key in the aeroglass folder.

I would help you if I could. But as I said, this problem is not related to Aero Glass, something in your computer is blocking Aero Glass from accessing its folder, so I don't think I can do anything.

Hmm.. It's not fair, if we can't donate, we shouldn't get all those pop-ups and text on the desktop..

Hello bigmuscle. In the past I've defended you in this thread but your curt, unhelpful replies are starting to look extremely arrogant.! People are simply asking you to clarify the situation regarding AeroGlass and new users. Your web site gives the impression that you'll carry on supporting anyone who's already made a donation - but that new customers won't get any support / registration help / key codes etc - not even if they're willing to donate!! If that's the case, I, for one, will be removing AeroGlass from my PC. It's a good product but I'm sorry to say, it's not worth the hassle of having to deal with such an unhelpful developer. :(

Hello bigmuscle. In the past I've defended you in this thread but your curt, unhelpful replies are starting to look extremely arrogant.! People are simply asking you to clarify the situation regarding AeroGlass and new users. Your web site gives the impression that you'll carry on supporting anyone who's already made a donation - but that new customers won't get any support / registration help / key codes etc - not even if they're willing to donate!! If that's the case, I, for one, will be removing AeroGlass from my PC. It's a good product but I'm sorry to say, it's not worth the hassle of having to deal with such an unhelpful developer. :(

Pretty sad... I don't say this software is bad, and we all agree that implementing some pop-ups and windows encouraging to donate are of course right, but only if case user can do it. If he can't it is not exactly right. I hope it will be fixed soon, in a days.

I would help you if I could. But as I said, this problem is not related to Aero Glass, something in your computer is blocking Aero Glass from accessing its folder, so I don't think I can do anything.

OK, LAST question on this subject: I could try to uninstall/reinstall, should I use the uninstall.exe in the aero folder and delete any reg keys?

Edited by ap1756

ap1756: if you installed Aero Glass by installer, then uninstalling from control panel should be enough. If you installed manually, then you need to remove manually what you added. But your question gave me an idea - some users mix several ways of installing (see guide at the website) when only one method should be used. This may create confusion and aero glass is then loaded from different directory than user thinks. It then causes weird things such as that the key is not found (because it must be placed in different folder) etc. Check whether it is not your case.

ap1756: if you installed Aero Glass by installer, then uninstalling from control panel should be enough. If you installed manually, then you need to remove manually what you added. But your question gave me an idea - some users mix several ways of installing (see guide at the website) when only one method should be used. This may create confusion and aero glass is then loaded from different directory than user thinks. It then causes weird things such as that the key is not found (because it must be placed in different folder) etc. Check whether it is not your case.

How right you were. I installed it originally with AGTweeker, wasn't working right, so I did a new install of some sort without realizing I should have uninstalled first. Now I ran the uninstall from the folder and it uninstalled one instance (assumption...) Aero glass was not in the programs module. I could not find anything else to remove safely from the register. Aero glass was still transparent. In my desperation I just ran your 1.3 installer on top of everything and the debug folder now functions and it says version 1.3 installed correctly. I placed the correct license key into the folder and I am hoping it will now work without the donation pop-up despite my less-than-rational multiple piggybacks. Thanks BMuscle. UPDATE: License key loaded correctly! :yes:

Edited by ap1756

"Any development support (donations etc.) is currently suspended. Please, be patient until this page is finished. Then you will get more information about development support."

See? Was so easy, and now I thank you. :)

Edited by Thejungle

"Any development support (donations etc.) is currently suspended. Please, be patient until this page is finished. Then you will get more information about development support."

See? Was so easy, and now I thank you. :)

Yeah, it's good that the situation's been clarified at last. Unfortunately, it came too late for me as I'd already signed up for a trial version of Stardock's ObjectDock. I have to confess, I can't find even the slightest fault with it - and for under $50 too, it's absolutely stunning!

Edited by johne53

You need WindowBlinds too. That can access a huge range of free themes and they seem to be very customizable. You can alter all kinds of characteristics, including transparency (even for themes which don't particularly look like AeroGlass). At the moment, I'm using a theme called "Lantana" which I've customized to give me translucent window borders and a translucent taskbar. It looks fantastic.!