Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

While it's totally understandable that you'd like donations, and deserve to get something for your hard work, I nonetheless won't be using anything that holds my desktop look hostage with a watermark, or generates annoying popups until I fork over $$$...I for one think you made a bad call with those two things.

Congrats on your accomplishment with this, but no thanks. I can live without Aero Glass for Win8.

Edited by YourNumbr1Fan

Congratulations on your high brow opinion of what you wish to give a skilled developer for his efforts.

Please don't use this software- you obviously don't appreciate the considerable effort to write solid bug free code. It has taken a lot of work and feedback to reproduce AeroGlass, and you only choose to complain.

Read between the lines- BigMuscle is making this software available for low cost. I've paid much more for much less.

Edited by Tripredacus

Guys I'm having problems, I'm trying to make the windows borders round, and raise the blur a bit more, but I'm not having any sucess. I created the registry's and restarted the computer, but it looks the same. Here's a pic of my registry. (I've Windows 8.1 and using Aero Glass 8.1, of course.)

dwm_zps9a8a45a0.png

Edited by Eyeman

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I dont want to spam here with my stupid questions but I'm getting desperate. I still don't know how to install custom themes on my Windows 8.1. I use the installer which makes my windows transparent. But when I want to install custom themes (different buttons etc) nothing happens, it's still only windows 8.1 interface with transparency. I replace the .png file in C:\AeroGlass and then restart the dwm and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? I guess it's more complicated than that. Or I'm just retarded.

Thanks

EDIT: and I've read the guide...

Edited by toldi

for the most part I agree with the complaints here about the licensing scheme

• You donate to support the development of this software, not to buy this software/license. uhh what its not a donation its a PURCHASE regardless of what you call it we are paying for the FULL version of the software
  • You are not eligible to receive anything for your donation (some exception can appear for fair donations - see end of this page). so basically this says you give me money AND MAYBE ill give you a key if I think you `donated` enough
  • so my take on this is you are essentially you are abusing the paypal donation function to get around paypals fee's this is abusing the system and will lead to your paypal account getting frozen should somebody raise a stink
  • now I am not saying you don't deserve to be payed for your efforts but your choice of "compensation" policy is really poor
  • the solution is simple SELL the software
Edited by Guardian452

So, if BM has a goal in mind of how much he thinks his product is worth, then he will need to raise the price he charges to get the same net income. Would you really rather that happen vs he stay with the approach of charging the least amount he can to the end customer? Why do people keep pushing this issue? I just don't understand.

Cheers and Regards

Hey bigmuscle?

Why not make it a $10 program flat fee with a 15 day trial period? That would shut people up, right?

that would be absolutely fine

So, if BM has a goal in mind of how much he thinks his product is worth, then he will need to raise the price he charges to get the same net income. Would you really rather that happen vs he stay with the approach of charging the least amount he can to the end customer? Why do people keep pushing this issue? I just don't understand.

Cheers and Regards

if he has a idea on what he thinks his product is worth then he should charge that amount not screw around with the donation system to get around paypal's transaction fee's because this is exactly what it amounts to because I see no other reason for him to use it its this kind of antics that get peoples paypal accounts frozen

and increase the prices to get the same net income what ?

currently if I am reading the page correctly he reviews donations on a per case basis and decides if the person that donated gets a key or not

i am sorry what ? thats a load of bul***** its equivalent to going to the store and giving casher 10 bucks and then she decides if you get that 5 dollar candy bar you want and its exactly why hes not getting donations because its a bul***** assbackward system because I garentee that nobody has donated more then 50.00USD or so unless they are stupid rich or just feel like being charitable

realistically in todays market 5-10 bucks would be a a fair price it basically amounts to a cosmetic fix that relies heavily on proprietary microsoft code and sources while I believe it to be shaky-legal-ground in the strictest-interpretation of the microsoft EULA the odds of them giving a f*** are low

bottom line is that if he wants to get noticed and possibly get paid he needs to outright "sell" the software and lose the bul***** 3 different versions depending on what you pay or don't pay charge 5 to 10 bucks or even 15 if you wanna be cheeky and WYSIWYG and cut the crap

Edited by Guardian452

So, if BM has a goal in mind of how much he thinks his product is worth, then he will need to raise the price he charges to get the same net income.

I have no goal in my mind. And it is also not needed to raise any amount, because paypal fee is normally paid for every donation. That's why I always say that small donations are ignored, because the fee is almost the same value as the donation.

Why not make it a $10 program flat fee with a 15 day trial period? That would shut people up, right?

If some higher power will raise a complaint about my software, I have no problem to close the public development and distribute my software privately only. I will not lose anything. But I will ignore trolls who only cry that they don't get everything cost-free. As it's said: if you give them a finger, they will bite you whole hand. So it may happen that they get completely nothing.

Also imagine what will happen if I release a $10 program. They will start shout that it is too expensive and trial version should not be limited in any way...

I garentee that nobody has donated more then 50.00USD

Then you are losing the bet, because there were several people who donated 60€ and some of them generated only a few keys. But on the other side, there are also people who donated nothing and only complain and shout. Edited by bigmuscle

Just donated for my key yesterday, and was wondering how to disable Aero Glass when I want. Tried using this VB script from this topic but it failed to disable it.

Was wanting to enable a different visual style I downloaded but the windows now have artifacts from Aero Glass still appearing (I've already patched the system).

Anyone know how?

Edit: found that deleting the 'CustomThemeAtlas' from the DWM registry folder cleared the .png that was being used by Aero Glass, solving the issue.

Edited by Specular

Hello friends! I'v tried Aero glass effect in Windows 8.1. I love it, yes, it seems to be like Windows 7! Everything is perfect, but I have an watermark on my desktop like "Aero Glass for Win8.1 http://glass8.berlios.de" Is any posibillity to remove it? I 'v tried with Watermark editor, "mcbuilder" in command line, but nothing! Can anybody help me, please? Here is a screenshot. Thank you.

Polferis, just donate 5 Euro or so and get a key, which will eliminate the watermark. How much is your time worth that you should work so hard to avoid making a small donation to the guy who wrote this excellent piece of code and deserves it?

-Noel

Polferis, just donate 5 Euro or so and get a key, which will eliminate the watermark. How much is your time worth that you should work so hard to avoid making a small donation to the guy who wrote this excellent piece of code and deserves it?

-Noel

Thank you NoelC, I understand, but it seems it don't has any option to register, to introduce a key. I read on the forum another post, with another bug (I don't remeber what), the guy donated 5€, but nothing happened. "No resolve for this bug!" So, what's this? Sorry, but I think it's not fair! If is about a donation, is a donation, not an obligation, a payment...