Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

Is there a way to install Aero Glass for Win8 without disabling Secure Boot? The FAQ page says --

One of the possible ways is to use AppInit_DLLs registry value which ensures that library will be injected into every process. Disadvantage of this method is that you must turn the secure boot off.

So if this is "one of" the possible ways to install Aero Glass, then what are other possible ways?

Thanks for any info on this.

--JorgeA

Edited by JorgeA

When are we likely to see windows 8.1 32bit version? Already donated but can not use anymore.

Why would anyone Still want to use a 32-bit OS?, Especially when all the processors are 64-bit now.. :huh:

Edited by DosProbie

When are we likely to see windows 8.1 32bit version? Already donated but can not use anymore.

Why would anyone Still want to use a 32-bit OS?, Especially when all the processors are 64-bit now.. :huh:

what about all the old machines out there that can run 8 - not everyone has a 64bit system

How old since the 8086 16-bit x86 processor was first introduced back in 1978? and the x64 Pent 4 was introduced

in 2004, with the prices down so low now for laps and desktops..but more importantly why would you want to throttle down

8.0/8.1 on a slower processor when MS designed it for optimum performance for the 64-bit procs..

all true but there is a lot of kit out there that is still 32bit that works fine - i have 8 on 4 laptops and one desktop - only one of those is 64bit - the others for what they are used for are fine - but there is no reason to keep them on XP, vista or 7 especially as 8 could be had officially for very little money in the early days

i fully agree a 64bit system is better but only if you need it

Is there a way to install Aero Glass for Win8 without disabling Secure Boot? The FAQ page says --

One of the possible ways is to use AppInit_DLLs registry value which ensures that library will be injected into every process. Disadvantage of this method is that you must turn the secure boot off.

So if this is "one of" the possible ways to install Aero Glass, then what are other possible ways?

Thanks for any info on this.

--JorgeA

As the guide states "It depends completely on you how you install the library into your system.". You can for example write your own dwm.exe wrapper, replace system files etc. AppInit_DLLs way is used for the reason that it's probably the only one non-violent method.

Hey ho,

I wan't to donate to get a license. But I could see that I need my "machine code" to get the license. Where can I get it?

(Never used Aero Glass for W8 before and would like to start using this at Glass 8.1 beta.)

So Long,

SgtChrischi

Hello. I have two (2) important questions regarding Windows 8.0 and 8.1 for Aero Glass for Windows 8:

1. Will your program to achieve Aero Glass for Windows 8 (either Windows 8.0 or 8.1) cause serious Windows file system errors? What I mean specifically is -- will your program patch(es) (a) dll file(s) to run non-MS Visual Styles incorporated on my system? Ultimately, when Windows System Configuration Utility manually runs (sfc /scannow), will it report Windows file system errors in Windows 8.0 or 8.1 typically reported with other third party venders programs who modify MS Visual Styles files?

2. As of date, you are still developing the Aero Glass for Windows 8.1 on its own merit as I can tell from your website. My question, observing you are independent on programming for each version of Windows 8, are you planning to have separate licensures (payable through your PayPal donation) for each version of Windows 8.0 and 8.1 Aero Glass for Windows or not? In other words, if I get a licensure right now for Aero Glass for Windows 8.0, will that same licensure also work for Aero Glass for Windows 8.1 or not? Since Microsoft sees Windows 8.1 as a free update through Windows Store from Windows 8.0, will you align your licensure business model in the same manner as free update too with your product or not? Please explain.

Please reply.

Thank you very much!

1. Aero Glass for Win8.x does not modify any system files.

2. License is shared between both versions. At least, it should be. But because Win8.1 version is still in development I cannot ensure it now. But at the end, you will not need new license for Win8.1.

@ bigmuscle:

Hello again. Nice to meet the developer who willing took on this giant feat! Thank you very much for you prompt replies!

When I have a little spare time during the holidays approaching, I will be installing Aero Glass for my Windows 8.0 version following your clear instructions on your website and get rid of the boring pastel MS Visual Styles interface and see how it goes. If everything is good with the free trial, you will be getting a donation form me from US currency to the Euro soon for a licensed copy. I cannot wait to see your Windows 8.1 version.

Okay, enough chit-chat.

Again, thank you!