Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

Hello,

I installed this and it never worked, CMD came back with everything failed or not installed, eventually i gave up, now i just want to return to normal and i can't,

I tried to delete C:\AeroGlass but it won't allow me, i took over the folder with admin rights, still wouldn't let me, tried to do it via CMD with admin rights, still wouldn't let me...

I managed to delete most of the stuff from that folder but dbghelp.dll and DWMGlass.dll are still there, please help me return to my PC's normal state. thanks.

I don't know what you mean by "CMD came back with everything failed" but my Aero Glass for Win8 contains uninstaller (from Add/Remove programs control panels) which uninstalls everything and deletes the remaining files after restart.

Hi Big Muscle,

Fantastic work--I am happy to be a donor! I am currently testing your AeroGlass for 8.1, and it's working great. Just a slightly off topic question--what Start menu program are you using in this screenshot on your website: http://glass8.berlios.de/screen2.png? I am a fan of the blur behind the menu. Thanks!

-Dan

Cottonlane, perhaps you should have waited to upgrade to Windows 8.1 until all the functionality you need is available...

Hopefully others will see this and make upgrading their OS the last thing they do after careful planning. Oh, and I would always advise against upgrading, but rather doing whatever it takes to install Windows 8.1 as a full, clean install. This may mean backing up everything to an external drive and wiping your internal storage clean, installing the OS, then installing all your apps. A little extra effort to do this up front will mean a lot more time later where you're not fighting niggling problems. You'll be leaving behind problems with your current system and any incompatibilities that might arise.

-Noel