Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

debug.log contains message "Failed to load custom theme file" which should display error code of theme resource loading - you can then find a explanation of error code here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681381(v=vs.85).aspx

Bigmuscle,

I don't see anything like that in the log. Just that the license.key has been loaded.

Does the "bypass theme signature" need to enabled?

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Personally I prefer rounded corners, even if just a hint of them; I feel it makes the system seem more polished or elegant or something.

Win8RoundedCorners.png

To each his own, and bravo to the people who make it possible to change themes. But the writing is on the wall for all this desktop elegance stuff - Microsoft seemingly doesn't want us doing it and enjoying our desktop experience. They're trying to steer us toward Metro/Modern - and perhaps justifiably so. Writing and maintaining a desktop app is rather complex and error-prone. Perhaps they feel the new application environment will provide a whole new level of productivity in the future.

-Noel

Theme: Windows 8 Release Preview

FIX V3:

Corrected all the shadows

ag_fix_v3.jpg

DOWNLOAD:

http://mystart.one.pl/upload/win8rp_fix_by_arrow.png

That's really nice work, Arr0w.

I wonder, do people generally like square corners now more than rounded?

-Noel

I really like square corners! I guess an option for square/rounded corners wouldn't hurt, if it's not too much trouble!

P.S. BIG thank you for doing that, Win8 design is just unacceptable!

I donated and downloaded my license.key file, there are no instructions on what to do with it so I put it in the aero glass folder and restarted, I still get the popup asking me to donate.

Why am I still getting this annoying message, you should put instructions on the donate page on what to do.

edit: log file says this

[0x17A8] Machine ID: 6ALMIDLQLUYTTL7557RSLTV24MYL3BIVKWLD43CI6L3CMAPA
[0x17A8] License code: 2148073478
[0x17A8] License code: 2148073478

Edited by rolls

Don't work in Windows 8.1 x64!!!(

That's true, allexandr, and it's not advertised to work on Windows 8.1. You should read more carefully.

Note also that there is a thread in this forum on the beta version that DOES work on Windows 8.1.

-Noel

Don't work in Windows 8.1 x64!!!(

That's true, allexandr, and it's not advertised to work on Windows 8.1. You should read more carefully.

Note also that there is a thread in this forum on the beta version that DOES work on Windows 8.1.

-Noel

Will you shift your development to Win 8.1 when it's out?

Will you shift your development to Win 8.1 when it's out?

I'm having trouble understanding the context of your question.

First off, I'm not the developer of Aero Glass for Windows 8. A member named BigMuscle is. But I *do* develop software - just not Aero Glass for Windows 8.

If you are asking whether Aero Glass for Windows will be developed for Windows 8.1, then I wonder how it is you don't already know the answer, given the discussions just above and in the threads on the first page this forum. Your question in that context is essentially nonsensical, so I look for another meaning...

If you are asking whether I personally plan to develop products that are compatible with Windows 8.1, I am already doing that (desktop products, NOT Metro/Modern). But I am doing so using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 as the bootup OS on my workstation. Windows 8 or 8.1 do not provide me any advantages over Windows 7 so far that make it attractive to me, and in fact have removed features that I actually use. Whether I stick with Windows 7 may change in the future, as it will no doubt become more and more advantageous to keep current. At the moment I test with Windows 8+ in virtual machines using VMware workstation 10.

-Noel