Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

TESTing windows 8.1 "alpha" version.

Your THEMECPL.DLL is incompatible.

Control panel colorization won't be adjusted to transparency effects.

Your SHELL32.DLL is incompatible.

AutoColorization wonn't be adjusted to transparency effects.

Your DWM us incompatible with Aero Glass!

See debug log for more details.

Do you want to retry symbols downloading?

Did I misunderstand "Install like the windows 8 version" or is it just not working on my setup?

(I installed and replaced files)

I forgot/Don't know how to get the exact version of windows including updates and all. All I can get is the same for every RTM install.

Thanks for last version!

Stripes is good! But in Windows 7 when we move mouse to bottom right conor all opend windows becames transparent and we can see desktop through them and they are all with stripes too - effect of full transparent glass with reflection. It's possible to make this in Win8?

Aero8 has this effect. It's definitely theme thing like BM pointed out.

Yes, it have, i using it, but stripes from theme and stripes from AeroGlass tool by BM differs from each other. I just thinking about theme without stripes to enable them from BM tool.

Oh I know what you mean, but I'm sure it's just a image being overlayed on the windows.

Just checked in WSB. It's indeed image. You'd need to edit it to make it looks same way.

http://i.imgur.com/MEUKJij.png?1

Thanks! I make for myself style without stripes on windows and taskbar, but have in aero peek effect. Only 1 thing - when window mazimized, aero peek effect is not visible... Can you help with it?

And how change color of titles of windows with help of WSB?

P.S. I don't understand how Windows 7 realized aero peek effect? I open aero.msstyles from Windows 7 through WSB, but there is no background image with stripes in place from your screenshot.

Edited by CKyHC

Thanks! I make for myself style without stripes on windows and taskbar, but have in aero peek effect. Only 1 thing - when window mazimized, aero peek effect is not visible... Can you help with it?

And how change color of titles of windows with help of WSB?

P.S. I don't understand how Windows 7 realized aero peek effect? I open aero.msstyles from Windows 7 through WSB, but there is no background image with stripes in place from your screenshot.

It's not actually in its own image. It's part of an image that includes a whole lot of other things (buttons, shadows, etc)

Just thinking... Win7 reflection effect is not aero stripes only but it includes shiny corners on window frames too. Do you think it has sense to implement this for Win8 too or stripes are enough?

I think it will be good to implement this if it not difficult to do.

Nice to see a thread on this again. :)

I've had to wipe my computer a few times because Windows Update keeps failing (and system restore sometimes fails after that)... apparently it has something to do with a conflict between AeroGlass and some customization I've made... the customization programs I've used other than AeroGlass are AGTweaker, UltraUXThemePatcher, Decor8, StartIsBack, and TinyWindowBorders.

I have donated and used the full version of AeroGlass, and holding down the ctrl key didn't help.

Anyone else having trouble with this or know which is the problem?

Edited by hello2u

CKyHC: it is not difficult but it adds another rendering thus it brings some additional performance drop.

hello2u: black screens are not caused by Aero Glass itself - especially when CTRL key does not help (because it completely disables DLL loading). The most common reason for black screen is applied unsigned theme without theme signature bypassing.

Hi,

I read on another forum abouth problem after uninstall AG(1.1, 1.2). Win8 won't boot, just flashing the black screen instead login or login screen. I checked this and also i had same problem. Only way was the system restore. Any idea?

Did you make sure to set the current theme back to default before uninstalling? Since AG is gone the system won't accept the custom theme, resulting in a black screen.

If that's the case then you can use any rescue disc to access registry, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager and set the DllName back to its default value, which is "%SystemRoot%\resources\themes\Aero\Aero.msstyles" (no quote), reboot and voilà.

The culprit is most likely UltraUXThemePatcher since it use direct system file patching instead of memory patching like UxStyle. Besides, if you're using AeroGlass, getting any other theme patcher is overkill, just set the DWM:BypassThemeSignature to 1 or better yet, use the CustomThemeResource value.

Just thinking... Win7 reflection effect is not aero stripes only but it includes shiny corners on window frames too. Do you think it has sense to implement this for Win8 too or stripes are enough?

I think it has: For the sake of full recreation of the glass effect.

The culprit is most likely UltraUXThemePatcher since it use direct system file patching instead of memory patching like UxStyle. Besides, if you're using AeroGlass, getting any other theme patcher is overkill, just set the DWM:BypassThemeSignature to 1 or better yet, use the CustomThemeResource value.

Interesting... I'll try removing it and using one of your suggestions thanks.

I was thinking about this just the other day.

Time was, the window caption was over at the left edge, so you'd get a bit of extra help reading dark text if you have a dark background. Now with Win 8+, captions are in the middle.

Now lo and behold Microsoft has these ribbon-enabled windows, which paint the title bar themselves... Might be nice if you could have an option to make the center portion of the top be a little "shinier" than the other parts.

-Noel

CKyHC: it is not difficult but it adds another rendering thus it brings some additional performance drop.

hello2u: black screens are not caused by Aero Glass itself - especially when CTRL key does not help (because it completely disables DLL loading). The most common reason for black screen is applied unsigned theme without theme signature bypassing.

How much perfomance is the drop? And if it can be disabled by registry without drop of perfomance, it must be do that way.

quanzi1507, on 20 Sept 2013 - 8:18 PM, said:
bzoley, on 17 Sept 2013 - 7:37 PM, said:

Hi,

I read on another forum abouth problem after uninstall AG(1.1, 1.2). Win8 won't boot, just flashing the black screen instead login or login screen. I checked this and also i had same problem. Only way was the system restore. Any idea?

Did you make sure to set the current theme back to default before uninstalling? Since AG is gone the system won't accept the custom theme, resulting in a black screen.

If that's the case then you can use any rescue disc to access registry, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager and set the DllName back to its default value, which is "%SystemRoot%\resources\themes\Aero\Aero.msstyles" (no quote), reboot and voilà.

Thanks, but did not help. Theme default, dllname default, AG uninstall, Win not starrted.

Maybe because by an reg key from older version? I see few key after uninstall, but i don't know which is win-key in dwm section.