Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

AERO GLASS for Win8 v1.2

* inactive frame blur/color balances are not altered by theme opacity settings when user set them manually

* blur deviation settings is applied everytime colorization is changed (so no DWM restart is needed now)

* custom theme resource can now be loaded globally from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

* glass is disabled when running on a battery

--> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:DisableGlassOnBattery (DWORD 0x0 / 0x1 = default)

* implemented glass reflection (aero stripes only)

--> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity (DWORD 0x0 = disabled (default) / other values = enabled)

Thanks BM, added the new features to my Settings tool, shame the new reflection image is set in the dwmglass.dll and cant be changed in the msstyles, but it's still nice that the option is there to have it :)

New Settings tool

2pzy7ir.jpg

Anyone knows how to enable transparency for alt-tab background? I've tried Windows Release Preview theme with BypassThemeSignature set to true but to no avail.

You can't. Since the Developer Preview, the Alt-Tab background uses a different render method then what Vista/7 uses. In Win 7, it uses the same render method as other windows. In Win 8, it uses the same render method as other parts of the Modern user interface which provides blur less transparency with the same color palette as the Start screen. Plus, you don't need to use BypassThemeSignature for the RP theme, since it is already signed by Microsoft.

Is there a way to disable aero glass from starting on startup? My computer shows a black screen on boot after windows updates.

Hold CTRL Key. The reason why that happens is because Updated DWM Symbols will not download with Free Version. To make sure it always works with every Windows Update, donate 4 Bucks.

Hello,

I've installed the latest version and i suddenly doesn't have aero anymore.

Then a popup shows up to provide a code. I see in the popup version 1.2 so aero blur seems to be loading.

Currently i am turning back to the previous version ;)

link to the image http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/70648204/file.html

Edited by gontie

Hello,

I've installed the latest version and i suddenly doesn't have aero anymore.

Then a popup shows up to provide a code. I see in the popup version 1.2 so aero blur seems to be loading.

Currently i am turning back to the previous version ;)

link to the image http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/70648204/file.html

Are you using a laptop on battery?

No, why could this have an influence ?

In fact, after the second reboot, it came up. I have the feeling it had some difficulty to download something from internet even if my connection (WLAN and ADSL) are excellent.

It seems to be disabled on battery and that does not depend on the power profile used. How can i enable aero when running on battery ?

Edited by gontie

In fact, after the second reboot, it came up. I have the feeling it had some difficulty to download something from internet even if my connection (WLAN and ADSL) are excellent.

It seems to be disabled on battery and that does not depend on the power profile used. How can i enable aero when running on battery ?

Navitage to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:DisableGlassOnBattery, change its value to 0 (disabled) and you're all set.

Anyone knows how to enable transparency for alt-tab background? I've tried Windows Release Preview theme with BypassThemeSignature set to true but to no avail.

If you manage to call DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow function on alt-tab window then it will be blurred.

shame the new reflection image is set in the dwmglass.dll and cant be changed in the msstyles, but it's still nice that the option is there to have

If I find a way to load it from theme directly then I will use it.

Installed v1.2 in my laptop (running on batt), added the registry key to eneable glass on batt (dword 0x0) and still no aero effect.
I rebooted the system twice: after installation and later, after adding the reg key)

Rolllin' back to v1.1

It seems to be disabled on battery and that does not depend on the power profile used. How can i enable aero when running on battery?
Navitage to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:DisableGlassOnBattery, change its value to 0 (disabled) and you're all set.

not working

Installed v1.2 in my laptop (running on batt), added the registry key to eneable glass on batt (dword 0x0) and still no aero effect.

I rebooted the system twice: after installation and later, after adding the reg key)

Rolllin' back to v1.1

It seems to be disabled on battery and that does not depend on the power profile used. How can i enable aero when running on battery?

not working

You may need these 2 fixes to enable Glass on battery and you need to restart the DWM.exe process

fix-current-user.reg

fix-local-machine.reg

Edited by Dahaka