Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

1) yes, if you upgrade HW, you will need new license file - that's the reason why everyone gets possibility to generate two license files.

3) inactive border color is normally generated from active border color. If you change it, it will use your color regardless the colorization settings. You should revert AGTweaker changes back to defaults to make your Aero Glass work correctly.

1. You mean, that if i change my processor, then i must make new license? After some time i change videocard, after i plan to add some memory, hdd etc, I must to donate more to use your tool? Don't you think that it is not right? I can't upgrade my computer at one step, and i think many people upgrades step by step, and time between steps may be various. I want to use Aero Glass without any limitations - i donate as you want, but now i can't upgrade my computer slowly or i lost all privelegies for my donate. Maybe limit of 2 licenses is too small? Or another way?

3.What i must change in registry to make my Aero Glass work correctly? Please give me default registry values for normal work of Aero Glass tool.

Edited by CKyHC

1. You mean, that if i change my processor, then i must make new license? After some time i change videocard, after i plan to add some memory, hdd etc, I must to donate more to use your tool? Don't you think that it is not right? I can't upgrade my computer at one step, and i think many people upgrades step by step, and time between steps may be various. I want to use Aero Glass without any limitations - i donate as you want, but now i can't upgrade my computer slowly or i lost all privelegies for my donate. Maybe limit of 2 licenses is too small? Or another way?

That depends how machine code is generated, it doesn't have to be generated using all components HDD/RAM/CPU/Motherboard. It could be just 2 elements. Eg like Motherboard+CPU .... if so u can swap HDD and RAM everyday .

Big Muscle could clarify what Machine Code based on for that.

Also once licence been activated on a copy of Windows it doesn't mean it checks it again of hardware is modified. again BigMuscle need to clarify this, dose it check machine code once when activation or every launch ?

Anyway, it same as StartIsBack its just 3 Euros =~= 130 Rubles that's a price of a Burger in McDonald's,... I would understand if it was 15 Euros or 20 ... then yeah ...

That depends how machine code is generated, it doesn't have to be generated using all components HDD/RAM/CPU/Motherboard. It could be just 2 elements. Eg like Motherboard+CPU .... if so u can swap HDD and RAM everyday .

Also once licence been activated on a copy of Windows it doesn't mean it checks it again of hardware is modified. again BigMuscle need to clarify this, dose it check machine code once when activation or every launch ?

Anyway, it same as StartIsBack its just 3 Euros =~= 130 Rubles that's a price of a Burger in McDonald's,... I would understand if it was 15 Euros or 20 ... then yeah ...

I tested version 1.0 in a virtual machine and changed the BIOS UUID and hard drive UUID, and the machine code for Aero Glass stayed the same.

Edited by Aaaaa

Yes, i must agree with you, but i don't know what i can upgrade without making new license. I upgraded my MB+memory and after maked donation to recieve license. Soon i want to upgrade my CPU (have Phenom II X4 945, want FX-8350) and 2 months later i'll change my videocard from Radeon HD6850 1Gb to HD7970 2Gb or better. 6 months later i think to add memory 8Gb to my 8Gb. At least one more donate? It's start to be some kind of tax for upgrade )))).

And again:

bigmuscle, on 02 Sept 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

3) inactive border color is normally generated from active border color. If you change it, it will use your color regardless the colorization settings. You should revert AGTweaker changes back to defaults to make your Aero Glass work correctly.

What i must change in registry to make my Aero Glass work correctly? Please give me default registry values for normal work of Aero Glass tool.

Edited by CKyHC

@CKyHC

Just run this script file (right click as admin if a non-admin) and it will setup the correct registry settings to enable AeroGlass v1.0.. DP :yes:

You don't understand my problem. Aero Glass tool works perfect for me. Only one trouble - some time i use AGTweaker by Orelio, and it change my registry and now when i change active border color, inactive border color don't changes.

Edit: Problem is solved. Thanks.

Edited by CKyHC

First, bigmuscle, thank you for this great tool!

Now, I'm little confused about the symbols. Do I need to download Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 Symbol Package which is 500mb? What happens if I don't have them? I installed the tool, and it works, although I only sow the popup twice, not sure why, I thought I'll see it on every start-up.

Do I need to download Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 Symbol Package...

The Aero Glass for Windows 8 software is supposed to self-load the symbols it needs. I don't recall whether that works for Windows Server 2012 though; it was designed for Windows 8.

-Noel

Generating machine code is very simple procedure. It is based on your CPU vendor+model and HDD, if one of this component is changed, your machine code will change too. Other hardware change does not influence it. Yes, it could be more robust but it is not necessary for this small utility. Everyone gets at least two licenses to be used either on two computers or in case of CPU/HDD change. If only CPU is changed, I have no problem to block old license and provide a new one. However, as I already stated, don't forget that by donation you don't buy the licenses - it is only a gift for the donation (Aero Glass is not regular paid application) and to be fair to all donators, licenses count depends on amount of donation.

What i must change in registry to make my Aero Glass work correctly? Please give me default registry values for normal work of Aero Glass tool.

Sorry, but I cannot help you in this. I don't know what registry values AGTweaker changes so I don't know defaults for them.

First, bigmuscle, thank you for this great tool!

Now, I'm little confused about the symbols. Do I need to download Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 Symbol Package which is 500mb? What happens if I don't have them? I installed the tool, and it works, although I only sow the popup twice, not sure why, I thought I'll see it on every start-up.

As already said many times, I will repeat for the last time and then I will make statement in FAQs. Aero Glass needs to find the exact memory location where the code needs to be injected. Normally, it automatically searches for this location, but if Windows update breaks something and the location cannot be found, you must specify the location by other way. And public symbols can be used for it. In such case, AeroGlass loads symbols from <your aero glass folder>\symbols folder and if not found, they are downloaded from Microsoft symbol server. However, free version does not support symbols servers thus you must download them manually.

Generating machine code is very simple procedure. It is based on your CPU vendor+model and HDD, if one of this component is changed, your machine code will change too. Other hardware change does not influence it. Yes, it could be more robust but it is not necessary for this small utility. Everyone gets at least two licenses to be used either on two computers or in case of CPU/HDD change. If only CPU is changed, I have no problem to block old license and provide a new one. However, as I already stated, don't forget that by donation you don't buy the licenses - it is only a gift for the donation (Aero Glass is not regular paid application) and to be fair to all donators, licenses count depends on amount of donation.

Sorry, but I cannot help you in this. I don't know what registry values AGTweaker changes so I don't know defaults for them.

1. Thanks, that all i want to know. When i change my CPU (only CPU, my SSD i don't plan to change in nearest future), i wrote you to remake license for me.

2. Problem with registry solved, my mistake was...

How can i enable window shadows?

Someone implied earlier that a custom theme is required, but that's not completely true. Aero Glass for Win 8 has the ability to load just a replacement set of graphic theme resources, WITHOUT loading an entirely separate theme.

What you have to do is this:

1. Download or create a replacement theme resources PNG file and save it to a path on your disk without any spaces in it (e.g., C:\DWM\AGW8ThemeResources.png).

2. Add the following REG_SZ string registry value to this key. Note that you have to escape the backslashes with additional backslashes.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]

"CustomThemeResource"="C:\\DWM\\AGW8ThemeResources.png"

Here's a sample theme resource file I've crafted, which works with the standard Windows 8 desktop theme:

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/temp/AGW8ThemeResources.png

With the above resources, loaded into the system by BigMuscle's software via the CustomThemeResource registry value, the desktop looks like this:

AeroGlassExcerpt.png

-Noel

Edited by Yzöwl
Overly large font sizes reduced.