Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

"Aero Glass for Win8 1.0" Can't Donete PayPal in Japan

Thanks so much, bigmuscle.
"glass8 1.0" is no problem and perfect.
I want to raise money for you.
But, paypal can not donate to you by japan law.

PayPal Error Message
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
PayPalでは、現在JPの買い手からの寄付支払いはサポートされません。
ご迷惑をおかけしますことをお詫びいたします。
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
In PayPal, donation payment from buyers of JP currently does not support.
We apologize that We apologize for any inconvenience.

I want to pay you.
Please, tell me other way.

post-381162-0-38580700-1377966136_thumb.

Edited by taw

If you have the swatches already installed from the beta version and select to add them when you install the final they appear twice in the customisation panel

post-328040-0-29538900-1377993548_thumb.

Edited by Shane

Like other testers , I also noticed that you now have included symsrv.yes , swatches_hkcu.reg, and that DWMGlass.dll is now 708 and not 710 KB..

Installer automatically installs swatches thus registry script is not needed there. About, DLL size, I cannot say surely - but can binary size change just on rebuild? I did new complete rebuild before releasing.

When you say the activation code is generated by your HDD number, do you mean the VSN (volume serial number) or the physical serial number of the drive?

Nobody said that it is generated by HDD number. HDD is just the main component which the license is tied with.

Hello Big, thank you for your awesome work! I've just donated 3€ :)

Anyway, I'm not able to reach the classic colorization window in control panel... I searched but didn't get it... :huh:

Someone could help me?

Right click on your desktop, select Personalize and there is a link to colorization settings.

donation request - my understanding is/was that it popped up on first run - once - not a popup that repeated over time - my computer is never switched off - only time is for a reset if something requests it - so whilst working this morning the donation popup has flagged up - last power up was yesterday when i saw popup which was expected

ok i can contribute to get rid of it and will when i sort out paypal - but why did i see the popup - it was an over install from .95 - am i doing something wrong??

The free final version has donation pop ups, not demo message boxes.

this is from the website

if you don't want to donate, you can still use Aero Glass library without any constrains - application will just ask you to donate several minutes after execution.

that pretty clear - it shows popup box several minutes after execution - it did that for me last night after a restart - it then showed the box again some 18 hours later - the machine had not been turned off or reset in that time - so is it once after execution or an ongoing nag for a donation

Actually, the timer can be reset everytime DWM process is restarted or DLL is reloaded.

btw, I have a week off. Then I will target on finishing Win8.1 version. If anyone has any suggestion for upcoming version of Aero Glass (especially features for Win8), feel free to write it.

Ok thank you for your reply Big. Now just a last question: I donated 3€ and generated the license key from your website. Email and ZIP code are the ones associated on PayPal.

1) I copied the license.key to the main AeroGlass folder, but even if it's so, after some minutes a notification pop-us always appears asking me to copy the machine code...

2) Can I use my email and zip code for my laptop too generating a second license?

Thank you!

There are currently no official options except of inactive colorization settings which are described on the website. Other options (such as round rect radius) are, as I wrote in the past, only the unofficial thing.

Then you should at least ship the old readme from 0.95 with 1.0 changelog added to it. Would be much more tidier.

Edited by Blackbird256

Ok thank you for your reply Big. Now just a last question: I donated 3€ and generated the license key from your website. Email and ZIP code are the ones associated on PayPal.

1) I copied the license.key to the main AeroGlass folder, but even if it's so, after some minutes a notification pop-us always appears asking me to copy the machine code...

2) Can I use my email and zip code for my laptop too generating a second license?

Thank you!

1) You must restart dwm.exe process (or your computer) after storing your license file. Also ensure that you store license in correct folder. I have some reports that user installs AeroGlass correctly, downloads license file and put it in the correct folder. But then he uses AGTweaker which messes up the folder (i.e. copies DLL to different location) which makes license key non-loadable. So pay attention at this.

2) Yes, you can generate 2 licenses per each 3€. You use the same mail+zip, just different machine code.

There are currently no official options except of inactive colorization settings which are described on the website. Other options (such as round rect radius) are, as I wrote in the past, only the unofficial thing.

Then you should at least ship the old readme from 0.95 with 1.0 changelog added to it. Would be much more tidier.

I don't see it as a good idea. Version 1.0 is intended as final version, the first release of Aero Glass for regular users - and for such users there is no "versions before 1.0" or similar.

Made my donation $ :angel $, Bigmuscle Thank you for the release and hoping to see version for 8.1 soon, was a bit confused by wtf is machine code, I guess its generated by the AeroGlass app (im on Win7 machine at the moment so no need to download it) but will give it a try soon. thanks again.

Maybe it would be a good idea to mention on the site donation page where to get the Machine code.

Thanks again.

1.Plz, answer - if i change my CPU (just thinking about upgrade) and maybe videocard, i will need new license file? I donate 3€ and i don't want to use 2nd license for 1 computer.
2.On the site you wrote "As a bonus, all donators automatically gets an unlimited access to any beta of upcoming versions and to any possible secret features." in donation page. What secret features do you mean? Is there are any already exists?
3.I think it must be additional function in control panel or some kind of gui etc. to change inactive border color. I change him by AGTweaker and now it don't changes when i change color. Even in autocolor mode it's the same. It is passible to make inactive color automatically change with active when autocolor selected?

Edited by CKyHC

Made my donation $ :angel $, Bigmuscle Thank you for the release and hoping to see version for 8.1 soon, was a bit confused by wtf is machine code, I guess its generated by the AeroGlass app (im on Win7 machine at the moment so no need to download it) but will give it a try soon. thanks again.

Maybe it would be a good idea to mention on the site donation page where to get the Machine code.

Thanks again.

Yes, it is true that I should add some more information about it. I just expected that no-one don't want to donate before trying Aero Glass first - it shows the messagebox with machine code then (+ it is written into debug log).

1.Plz, answer - if i change my CPU (just thinking about upgrade) and maybe videocard, i will need new license file? I donate 3€ and i don't want to use 2nd license for 1 computer.

2.On the site you wrote "As a bonus, all donators automatically gets an unlimited access to any beta of upcoming versions and to any possible secret features." in donation page. What secret features do you mean? Is there are any already exists?

3.I think it must be additional function in control panel or some kind of gui etc. to change inactive border color. I change him by AGTweaker and now it don't changes when i change color. Even in autocolor mode it's the same. It is passible to make inactive color automatically change with active when autocolor selected?

1) yes, if you upgrade HW, you will need new license file - that's the reason why everyone gets possibility to generate two license files.

2) currently, only automatic symbols downloading in the case that Windows update breaks something.

3) inactive border color is normally generated from active border color. If you change it, it will use your color regardless the colorization settings. You should revert AGTweaker changes back to defaults to make your Aero Glass work correctly.

where you see the machine code to donate?. thanks

It's either in donate request message box or written in debug.log (which is in the folder where you've installed Aero Glass to)