Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
eurovit

Windows 8 installation using winPE USB

Hello!

There are many similar topics regarding Windows 8 deployment... I tried to google and check out as many as I could. Wasn able to solve my issue though.

I'm writing here, hoping that someone might be able to help me out.

I am trying to deploy Windows 8 put problems with starting it. I have new Samsung laptop, where I have installed Windows 8 Pro. Iinstalled programs, created user-accounts etc.Then I bootel laptop from USB WinPE media and captured C:\ drive as a *.WIM file. So far everyting OK.

I got second laptop (same model). Booted it also from Winpe USB media and used Diskpart to clean-create partition and format it as NTFS. I created just this one partition. On that partition I applyed the wery-same image that I previously created. Image was applyed and then started problems.

--> bcdboot c:\windows is not working. --> Failure when attemting to copy boot files.

--> I also tried bcdboot c:\windows /s c: --> Boot files successfully created. But after this OS isnt booting, still.

Anyway, this is where I got stuck. Please help me out.

An attempt: Install Windows8 from DVD (or USB) first until the first reboot. Then format and copy your Image again. I used for Imagecopy (Backup) under WinPE the Tool SnapShot.

Edited by goldi