nuhi is back, post your suggestions here

nuhi

cant wait! my computer wouldnt install 8.1.1, had to do multiple restores and now all screwed up, need to reinstall but dont want to till can install slimmed down 7 or 8!

Just dropping by to let you know things are going well.

I am not fond of screenshots before release, it will all be about how many issues there is due to removals, and how easy it is to use.

There were few major things that got changed recently which make me finally see the end, I'll keep you updated as it gets closer to the release.

My PR officer advises me not to give any promises.

Let nuhi! ... Slowly but surely.

In spanish: ¡Vamos nuhi!... Sin prisa pero sin pausa.

If he gave any hints or screenshots at all he would just be bothered that much more by folks asking for more.  When will it be released?  Will it do this or that?  Can I help test it? etc, etc.  This way he can work in peace.

It's just better to take the approach of -- If it comes, it comes.  In the meantime, use one of the other tools available such as Win Toolkit.

Cheers and Regards

@LeakHunter - a year?

Nope... v1.4.9.3 dated Sep. 9,2013. That's hardly a year, now is it? Close, but not...

BTW, if you didn't notice this is nLite, not vLite, 7-or-8-lite (whatever). Nuhi just "happened" to mention another x-Lite, right?

Heck, he even posted recently (28 March 2014) -

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163667-nuhi-is-back-post-your-suggestions-here/#entry1072834

Keep your shirt on!

nothing yet ?

"it is safe to say it can be counted in months, not years"

nothing yet ?

we are near the first year of this topic and still nothing for us to play with....win7 or 8 are so fat...please post a beta or even an alpha or 2 .

If I was to guess, I would say 2 more months

Oh my God, it's now been more than 3 months,... it's the end of the world!

Can you people please stop yourselves from wasting our time by posting entire pages of whining? :boring:

Nuhi is working on it. Period.

may be i should have said that now i use linux most of the time on my latest computer mostly because the os is really lighter and faster than windows ;']

mint17 and steamos are very cool and they are a lot of bugs to find with steam 

nuhi is a superstar and if he makes something out , he will get a good and powerful and wonderful feedback about his next tool ...so that means he can create something very good again while it seems nearly impossible .

by the way he could and should SHOW ON instead of staying in the dark of his Cavern <3 ;']

topic started at :17 August 2013 - 05:40 AM and until now no informations from nuhi. is the project dead? or even was it real?

i dont know but i have hope.. :)

topic started at :17 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

Well have you even read that 1st post to know what the topic was about ? If not, why post ? Have you read the answers ? If not, why post ?

Project is nearing completion, finally all the big unknowns are solved.

Still got to add tweaks, fix some bugs, make a website. If I am to guess, max 2 months, goal is until the end of summer.

I know a lot of time has passed.
Let me explain why, I think this topic is already polluted enough.

Some of you might be disappointed by the fact it won't be a fully free product.

That is because I am actually working full time on it for more than a year now, it is not just a hobby any more.

So I had to work on licensing and protections, can't just release it to the public, especially due to the nature of such tools where once you set up your installation, majority would not need it more than once.

If the tool succeeds at least moderately, you can expect a lot from it over the coming years, if not... well then it goes back to hobby-only mode and I find another job.

So, I am thinking of releasing a public beta test of the free version before the full pro release option, but at the same time it might disappoint those that expected to see more features, and they would be cut out of the beta test. I can put a popup on start explaining the test phase, where even those limited pro features are hidden.

Maybe I should have come forward a year ago, but I wasn't sure myself how it will turn out. Well, it was a lot of work, more than expected for a first version. And don't forget I have experience with nLite, vLite, and working in a company. This was much more difficult due to the quality goals, native programming, and having myself as a demanding boss constantly hacking my inner voice.

Let me know what you think, are the first impressions more important than a early public test of limited functionality.

Edited by nuhi

Let me know what you think, are the first impressions more important than a early public test of limited functionality.

You might need to allow for a few day to let people recover from the SHOCK :w00t: of the announcement. :unsure:

shocked_lol_cat.jpg

jaclaz