nuhi is back, post your suggestions here

nuhi

Hi Nuhi,

but is it clever to invest your great know how to XP, when the support is stopped in April 2014 ?

Many people here in the forum are still waiting for a tool like nlite/vlite for win7/8 ! Because all the other tools like 7lite, 7customizer oder 7toolkit are not operating very well. And some of them are no longer developed further.

Regards

Hi Nuhi,

but is it clever to invest your great know how to XP, when the support is stopped in April 2014 ?

Stopping the development of a "private" unsupported tool because official support for the base will be stopped 9 months from now?

Wouldn't it be a bit like stopping making spare parts for cars that will go out of production next year?. :unsure:

jaclaz

hehe, yeah refreshing my memory, and rewriting whatever I see... dayum must... resist.

I am always using latest Windows as I like to see those dll numbers increase, so yeah, new tool is in the works.

Not fixing nLite would be a shame, regardless how many people will continue using XP. If it starts taking too much of my time then I will drop the idea, but for now I am willing to try both.

edit: and I am going over all of these posts, if I do not reply directly that doesn't mean I ignored it, but I don't say anything until it is checked and can't be reproduced, or it is unexpected and needs more info

Edited by nuhi

What? You're back to update nLite again!? Wow great!!

I love that program, it's so useful to tweak Xp for a perfect custom installation.

I'd also like to redo my image in the future with the latest KB patches and apps.

About the problems\bugs..it's hard to recall them now.. I roughly remember these:

- improve saving\importing settings because it was a bit messy, expecially after starting the tweaking (I just need a global clean config for future re-imaging) or after updating the version (the program didn't create some new needed lines in the old config).

- maybe enable somehow support for DriverPacks (sata drivers!), because currently you can only slipstream them after nLite (http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=3615).

Or are there other better solutions?

Edited by phaolo