I'm referring the latest version from 16 June 2003 (Windows2000-UURollup-v11-d20130616-x86-ENU.7z) enclosed in a 7-Zip file as I said earlier. Is there going to be another daily update to UURollup v11 soon?

Also, I apologise, but if I fail to understand the question clearly, please let me know and I'll get back to you.

Edited by ppgrainbow

You said that UURollup-v11-d20130616 was not stable. That's why I asked about it above :angel

Right now, UURollup v11 isn't 100% stable

Did you perhaps mean the opposite?

Is there going to be another daily update to UURollup v11 soon?

Yep :yes:blackwingcat released a new version of his kernel some time ago and I'm going to add those files to UURollup-v11 daily. You can expect it in the next few days.

Edited by tomasz86

That sounds good to hear that a newer daily version of UURollup v11 is going to be released soon. :)

I had a check at the Event Log recently and in the Application Log, I'm getting a Event 1202 error referencing SceCli in nearly a two hour span since 2:08:19 PM on the 7th of August:

Security policies are propagated with warning. 0x4b8 : An extended error has occurred.

For best results in resolving this event, log on with a non-administrative account and search http://support.microsoft.com for "Troubleshooting Event 1202s".

:(

Did you mean the opposite?

That's what I'm saying.

I wish that there was a way to fix the Event 1202 issue in the next daily version of UURollup v11.

Edited by ppgrainbow

You said that UURollup-v11-d20130616 was not stable. That's why I asked about it above :angel

Right now, UURollup v11 isn't 100% stable

Did you perhaps mean the opposite?

Is there going to be another daily update to UURollup v11 soon?

Yep :yes:blackwingcat released a new version of his kernel some time ago and I'm going to add those files to UURollup-v11 daily. You can expect it in the next few days.

When you install an updated UURollup-v11-xxxx, do you have to first uninstall the existing one?

When you install an updated UURollup-v11-xxxx, do you have to first uninstall the existing one?

I'd say that it depends. If it's your main system and you absolutely need to keep it running no matter what then I would just install the new version without uninstalling the previous one, especially if it's been a while since the latter was installed. Still, I'd recommend to make a full system partition backup before applying the daily releases since they're experimental by definition. They aren't tested thoroughly so I can't guarantee anything.

The situation is different in case of the stable and weekly channels where I do test both slipstreaming and installation over the previous version.

The only one I've installed is Windows2000-UURollup-v11-d20130312-x86-ENU.7z and it's working very nicely. I cannot image that the updater can do any harm since it's only installing some files and leaving the rest alone based on version check(?) The only thing that doesn't work is the latest Java 7 in Firefox 23.

BTW, I've written a VBScript that does a live backup of W2k (or XP) to a different disk (or partition) and the copy is identical and bootable. I' be happy to post a link on my server if anybody wants to try it.

That's good to hear that and the updates that I'm applying is on the main machine that I'm currently using. :) Incase there is a newer daily or weekly version of UURollup v11, I will test this either on Virtual PC or VMware Player with Windows 2000 runing incase something goes wrong. :)

Java 7 doesn't work correctly, if not at all since it was released.

However, Java 6 Update 51 still works under Firefox 23, however, I must strongly warn that future versions of Firefox, SeaMonkey or any other Mozilla-based web browser will not work correctly, if not at all on Java 6 even though it will still remain under limited support until December 2016.