Microsoft Registered Refurbisher program Win 7 steps

HI all, I hope this is the right place, if not please direct me.

I volunteer at a non-profit and recently doing windows 7 with the Ms registered refurb program. I was wondering if anyone has ideas on most effiecent steps.

Right now i built a test pc where i install all the apps, updates, etc. that we want for the setup. I leave it in audit mode.

Then i image the pc with imagex

Then i apply image with imagex to new pc

then we QC the pc inputing coa keys, double checking stuff, etc., takes about an hour depending on updates, etc.

then we sysprep pc

then it goes to customer.

I am trying to see if there is anyway to speed up the proces... Where we dont have to QC the pc. just find a way to input individual coa keys(if i said that right)

Any Ideas any suggestions?

THank you

Bill

I am trying to see if there is anyway to speed up the proces... Where we dont have to QC the pc. just find a way to input individual coa keys(if i said that right)

You should still QC the PC. You can't accept the Windows EULA for the customer either.

I am unfamiliar with the particulars of the Refurbisher Program, but I would imagine that your company would have some sort of Rep assigned to their account at Microsoft. I would recommend that you contact that person to see if they have any documents such as a Best Practices or Policy Requirements.

Thanks for the response. We QC it before but it would be nice to apply the image with imagex and not have to QC it again. I heard it can be done and have seen a couple places do it. I found out that we are missing out by not haveing a piece of software to help with that. (RPK kit)

And we do sysprep them so they have to read the elua. From what I can read we can input the keys and activate it for them but with sysprep it forces them to at least read the eula.

I am still new at this and continue to do more reseach. We have reviewed the Best Practices and Polices and we are good there.

I think my problem lies in I could sysprep the image on the test box and then apply it to the new pc but its how to input the individual keys for them to activate it for them. Trying to make the process easier for the customer.

"Right now i built a test pc where i install all the apps, updates, etc. that we want for the setup. I leave it in audit mode.

Then i image the pc with imagex

Then i apply image with imagex to new pc

then we QC the pc inputing coa keys, double checking stuff, etc., takes about an hour depending on updates, etc.

then we sysprep pc"

Time for more testing and thanks for your input.

Bill

I would design the image to deploy in Audit Mode, deploy the image to the PC and then QC it. The final part of the QC process would be to sysprep the machine. I have seen various computer manufacturing methods and that is typically the process that those facilities have used. I have actually seen one place that did a pre-QC but they said it was extra work they had to do to maintain some sort of "standard" (like ISO or something, I forget what exactly) they had to adhere to.